Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In the past, I have had Transit customers take the preview order I built for them to another dealer and place the order with them thinking that dealer could get the Transit for them. In the one case, the dealer did not have the allocation to get a HR CrewVan and he ended up not getting the vehicle. We have already seen this on the 2021 Transit orders that some forum members have ordered through other Ford dealers and are sitting NOW with NO VIN or projected build date. Their suggestion to them is 'we can just roll it over to a 2022' which is NOT TRUE as the order bank for the 2022 model is separate so you have to write a NEW 2022 order.

So if the dealer could not get you a 2021, how are they going to get the 2022 model?

As you have seen, we were able to get 100% of the customer ordered Transits and I can tell you we have just about every body style that is available and most are the AWD HR models that a dealer has to have a high allocation to get one! Do you know of any dealers in your area that have any Transits on the lot waiting for customers as we do? A few weeks ago we had 20 Transits on the lot waiting for customer pickup and we have delivered 12 of those up to this point. By the end of October, we will have 32 HR Transits here (and I will have pictures here for you to see them) with just about every HR model and color that most customers want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CVM - When an ordered build shows up on your lot, how long does the customer have to pick up the van?

I work in the marine transportation industry and am gone for a month to 6weeks at a time. If the build is ready, can it sit on your lot for a month to 6weeks until I would be able to travel and pick it up?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
CVM - When an ordered build shows up on your lot, how long does the customer have to pick up the van? We don't pressure the customer to hurry up and come get their Transit. We actually work ahead of time for helping them plan their trip. In some cases, they may make a mini-vacation or see some local relatives while heading home.

I work in the marine transportation industry and am gone for a month to 6weeks at a time. If the build is ready, can it sit on your lot for a month to 6weeks until I would be able to travel and pick it up?
The dealer normally has to pay for the Transit within a 20-30 day period after it is on their lot. Most are done as part of the dealer floor planning so if you were looking at a long stay, then just pay for it within that time period and the dealer has no problem holding it for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dealer normally has to pay for the Transit within a 20-30 day period after it is on their lot. Most are done as part of the dealer floor planning so if you were looking at a long stay, then just pay for it within that time period and the dealer has no problem holding it for you.
Is it possible to have the van shipped to me rather than picking it up in Kansas City? If so, can you ballpark the cost? One website I found estimates $1 per mile for the first 500 miles, which is cheaper than I would have expected.

·
Registered
2015 Transit Cargo 150 MR 148" ordered January 5 2015, Built April 10, Delivered April 25
20 Posts
Excited! Sending the check in the mail today for the 2022 BOB Transit Service Booklet!"

Replacing my 2015 MR 150 Extended Cargo that was totaled from rolling over after after being hit in the rear bumper (like a PIT maneuver) by a distracted driver that drove off and was arrested for hit and run. I walked away without a scratch, even though I was traveling at over 70mph!

It was a pain to place my custom order since the local dealer had no clue, so I am looking forward to a better experience working with you!

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the past, I have had Transit customers take the preview order I built for them to another dealer and place the order with them thinking that dealer could get the Transit for them. In the one case, the dealer did not have the allocation to get a HR CrewVan and he ended up not getting the vehicle. We have already seen this on the 2021 Transit orders that some forum members have ordered through other Ford dealers and are sitting NOW with NO VIN or projected build date. Their suggestion to them is 'we can just roll it over to a 2022' which is NOT TRUE as the order bank for the 2022 model is separate so you have to write a NEW 2022 order.

So if the dealer could not get you a 2021, how are they going to get the 2022 model?

As you have seen, we were able to get 100% of the customer ordered Transits and I can tell you we have just about every body style that is available and most are the AWD HR models that a dealer has to have a high allocation to get one! Do you know of any dealers in your area that have any Transits on the lot waiting for customers as we do? A few weeks ago we had 20 Transits on the lot waiting for customer pickup and we have delivered 12 of those up to this point. By the end of October, we will have 32 HR Transits here (and I will have pictures here for you to see them) with just about every HR model and color that most customers want.
I read somewhere that scheduling begins 9/23. What does that mean?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
When we had the original release date for the Transit gas model pricing of August 30th, we were told scheduling would start around September 30th. We are not sure when pricing was delayed whether this date would change or not. I will go back to the Ford Transit Brand Group and see what date they have come to for the first scheduling dartes.

As far as we know, the first built models will be the 'E' Transits since those have been available for ordering since mid-June and they have had pricing to go with those vehicle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When we had the original release date for the Transit gas model pricing of August 30th, we were told scheduling would start around September 30th. We are not sure when pricing was delayed whether this date would change or not. I will go back to the Ford Transit Brand Group and see what date they have come to for the first scheduling dartes.

As far as we know, the first built models will be the 'E' Transits since those have been available for ordering since mid-June and they have had pricing to go with those vehicle.
Is there an advantage to getting our order in before the scheduling date or not?

I'm sending my check tomorrow for the guide. Have you considered doing Venmo or PayPal in the future?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Is there an advantage to getting our order in before the scheduling date or not? NO as Ford will not schedule any Transit gas models for a few weeks. They accumulate orders for a period of time and then schedule them based on the most ordered body style.

I'm sending my check tomorrow for the guide. Have you considered doing Venmo or PayPal in the future? NO

21 - 40 of 102 Posts