Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we have the pricing pages for the 2022 Transit which gives us ALL of the information we need to finish out the CrewVanMan 2022 B-O-B Transit Service booklet. I will start working on getting those pages printed off and then the booklet is ready to go!!

Here is what you need to get on board to get this booklet.

Personal check or money order for $40.
Mail it to:
Ed Bowers
P.O. Box 271284
Dallas, TX 75227

I need the following information with your payment
:
Name
Mailing Address
Email address
Contact phone number
Type of Transit you want to order..Cargo, CrewVan, or Passenger van...if in ? state which ones you may want

Once I receive your payment, your booklet is mailed to your mailing address listed above. The booklet comes in a 12" X 12" X 2" box so you may need to let your carrier know about it or have it where they can get it to you. If won't bend to a smaller size.

All of the information is explained in the BLUE pages of the booklet with tips on getting the financing and insurance on the Transit ahead of time so once your Transit is at the dealership for delivery, everything can go smoothly.

Once you get your Transit Order sheet ready to go, the BLUE pages will give you a special email to send that order sheet and once it is sent, your order is built on the Ford order system and you will get a email with a preview order that lists all of your information from the order sheet. You can then reply by email or phone call with any questions you have on the preview order and we can make changes to your order. Once we get it EXACTLY like you want to place the order, we can give you a price quote.

Then it is decision time and you can place your order with us or check out other dealers and see what they might offer. Understand that just because you have a preview order that another dealer may NOT be able to have allocation to actually get your Transit ordered and delivered.
By purchasing the Transit from us, your $40 fee is returned to you at the delivery of your van.

Getting your order into the Ford order system earlier does not mean you will get it earlier. Ford will take orders for about 20-30 days and then they will look at the most ordered body style and that is usually what they start building. The Transits will get scheduled based on the body style as well as the options available to build it. As you have seen with the 2020 and especially the 2021 Transits you may have to wait a long time to get it. Problems with the virus situation and parts supply will be the main issues that may come up so just be sure you get your order EXACTLY as you want it before you place your deposit as once it goes into the Ford order system, it may get pulled for production at any point and once you get a VIN and projected build date, you can't make changes to the order. It is locked out from the dealer for any changes so it will be yours to live with!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just getting you a check in the mail. Your mailing address is in Dallas? I thought you were in Kansas City, MO?
I live in Mesquite, TX and I have had this P.O. Box for about 27 years. I do most of my work at home as I have full access to the Ford system and once the Transit is at the dealership in Kansas City, I fly or drive up and deliver the Transit to the customer. At this time, I am at the dealership and just delivered a 2021 Transit cargo van to a customer who is heading home to Ashland, OR.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live in Mesquite, TX and I have had this P.O. Box for about 27 years. I do most of my work at home as I have full access to the Ford system and once the Transit is at the dealership in Kansas City, I fly or drive up and deliver the Transit to the customer. At this time, I am at the dealership and just delivered a 2021 Transit cargo van to a customer who is heading home to Ashland, OR.
Sounds like a pretty sweet gig! 👍

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried to retire 3 different times from other jobs and people keep wanting me to come work for them as they don't have anyone that can handle that particular job. I got into the Transit scene by wanting a Transit for my Mustang T-shirt sales and once Matt Ford found out how much I knew about Transits, they offered me a job. I told them I wasn't moving to Kansas City so the 'you can do the work at home' deal was what I asked for and they gave it to me. They just required that I come to Kansas City to deliver the Transit to the customer and that all started out in November, 2017 right after I had my 2017 T-250 DSD cargo van for over a year. Now with working with Ford back then on the CrewVan, I was able to get the first production 2020 CrewVan Transit so I have 2 Transits!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Thanks for doing this for us CrewVanMan! I just sent the check as well and I look forward to working with you on ordering the 2022 AWD Transit.
Adam B from NC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm new here but I think I'm interested in this book you're putting together. I'm not sure I totally understand what is in the book though. Is this all of the dealer order information in one place? It sounds like it would be a worthwhile investment because I want to do this right. You don't accept PayPal or venmo?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey I'm new here but I think I'm interested in this book you're putting together. I'm not sure I totally understand what is in the book though. Is this all of the dealer order information in one place? It sounds like it would be a worthwhile investment because I want to do this right. You don't accept PayPal or venmo?
cash only. Google around for more info, tons on this site about the book, but basically it breaks down all the options and gives the proper codes to order a custom van. You can do what you want with the info- take it to your local ford dealer so you know you are going to get exactly what you want and its ordered correctly, but the smart play is to order thru crewvanman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks again, for this service. I was happy to put my order in the mail this morning. It's exciting to think about the hours of dreaming and planning becoming a reality!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Understand that just because you have a preview order that another dealer may be able to have allocation to actually get your Transit ordered and delivered.
First time poster but been lurking awhile trying to learn everything ...

Is this quote supposed to say "that another dealer may NOT be able to have allocation..."

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts