Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to purchase the crew van and remove the 2nd row seats from time to time

Does anyone know:
1) the cargo length behind the 2nd row seats (both at base and the top)
2) The physical dimension of the 2nd row seat
3) The weight of the 2nd row seat
4) Is the mounting track for the 2nd row seat flush with floor? I want to make sure there is no tripping hazard after the 2nd row seats are removed.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I am planning to purchase the crew van and remove the 2nd row seats from time to time

Does anyone know:
1) the cargo length behind the 2nd row seats (both at base and the top) You have to know which wheelbase you have to determine the length
2) The physical dimension of the 2nd row seat It is a 62" width seat
3) The weight of the 2nd row seat It is about 80 pounds
4) Is the mounting track for the 2nd row seat flush with floor? I want to make sure there is no tripping hazard after the 2nd row seats are removed. The second row seating is on a raised platform like the Transit passenger van so when you remove the seats, the floor is level in the area of the seat. Behind the platform, the floor drops off to become the metal flooring.

You can see the seating and floor pictures on the various Transit forum threads with the 'CrewVan' search name.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The wheelbase is 148". Do you have the front-back dimension for the 2nd row seat? I try to determine the minimum door opening (as i have other equipment blocking part of the door opening) for removing the seat.

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan HR LWB EB
245 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. The wheelbase is 148". Do you have the front-back dimension for the 2nd row seat? I try to determine the minimum door opening (as i have other equipment blocking part of the door opening) for removing the seat.
There was just a post on this last week where the question was answered and there is another post with a diagram of all the dimensions for the 148 Crewvan. I'm sure it will be easy to find in a quick search.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
The seat mounts into the floor mounting brackets that are bolted into the metal floor, The floor mounting brackets are aligned where you can remove the 3 passenger 62" seat and install the 36" 2 passenger seat in the LH 2 floor brackets.

A picture of this type installation is on the forum under the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition options.

'

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all, If any new or future Crew van owners are interested in opening up the entryway of their van and still carrying two passengers in the back, we have a narrow two-passenger bench seat available that is compatible with the OEM seat tracks. This bench seat weighs less than the OEM bench seat and does stand up by itself when removed from the van for safe storage.
This is a 2x 18" bench seat that fits snug against the wall for maximizing floor space inside.
Vehicle Car Van Commercial vehicle Automotive exterior

Each seat can recline back to a comfortable 40-degree position.
Vehicle Car Van Head restraint Automotive exterior

Overall width of this Bench Seat with two armrests 38".
Car seat cover Vehicle Car seat Car Head restraint

The picture below shows some general dimensions of our seats.
Chair Furniture Line Diagram Table

For more information on this bench seat or other seating solutions that fit Transits with OEM seat tracks, please visit our website for more details and information.

Thanks,

Henry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.