Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Related question... Ford's website currently allows Build & Price of a regular WB, low roof crew. Is this actually going to be possible? The specs shown above in this thread only show dimensions for a "Medium" length, while "Build & Price" has Regular, Long, and Extended. I'm trying to figure out if Medium is the same as Regular.

My intended use is a mountain bike hauler and simple camper. I'd build a bed platform behind the crew seat. I'm trying to nail down measurements to see if it's possible on the shorter wheelbase.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
From the Ford Transit Body Decoder that can be found on the Matt Ford website under 'Ford Transit Information' you can build a LR 130" WB CrewVan. It shows you all of the series available (T-150 to T-350HD) for a total of 20 unique body styles.

Ford is showing these body styles in the CrewVan with Late Availability for ordering.
E1Z, E9Z, R1Z, R2Z, W1Z, and W2Z.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah, thanks. It was the "Medium" vs "Regular" listings in various specs that was throwing me. It appears both refer to 130" WB vans. Hmmmm, guess I need to start saving for a 130WB crew.

Do you happen to know if the passenger airbags for the new crew only cover the crew area (vs the whole length, as they are in the passenger van)?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
The airbags in the CrewVan only cover the area over the 2nd row seat. You can see some of the pictures taken from the CrewVan prototype on the forum where you can see the raised flooring for the 2nd row seat and how it drops off to the metal cargo flooring past the seat. For now, NO options for flooring or wall covering for the CrewVan behind the second row seating. This will be done by Penda once we get our CrewVan demo and have them build out this new feature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The airbags in the CrewVan only cover the area over the 2nd row seat. You can see some of the pictures taken from the CrewVan prototype on the forum where you can see the raised flooring for the 2nd row seat and how it drops off to the metal cargo flooring past the seat. For now, NO options for flooring or wall covering for the CrewVan behind the second row seating. This will be done by Penda once we get our CrewVan demo and have them build out this new feature.
I'm trying to track these photos down that you have mentioned on the forum with no luck.... can you please link? Thank you so much!

I'm also curious if Ford will be "finishing" off the CrewVan second row of seating like the passenger van- e.g. plastic molding and trim around windows (sliding door and behind driver). also, will they have cup holders or any power ports?

I'm trying to track down a real life example of the 2020 CrewVan but it seems they aren't building them yet...

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Ah, thanks. It was the "Medium" vs "Regular" listings in various specs that was throwing me. It appears both refer to 130" WB vans. Hmmmm, guess I need to start saving for a 130WB crew.

Do you happen to know if the passenger airbags for the new crew only cover the crew area (vs the whole length, as they are in the passenger van)?
The airbags only cover the area where the second row seat is located. Beyond that seat everything is just like a regular cargo van.
I have pictures of the first prototype Crewvan on the forum where you can see the roof airbag over the second row seat.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm trying to track these photos down that you have mentioned on the forum with no luck.... can you please link? Thank you so much!

I'm also curious if Ford will be "finishing" off the CrewVan second row of seating like the passenger van- e.g. plastic molding and trim around windows (sliding door and behind driver). also, will they have cup holders or any power ports?

I'm trying to track down a real life example of the 2020 CrewVan but it seems they aren't building them yet...

THANK YOU!
You might look for 'Ford Transit CrewVan Prototype' and the listing should come up. I updated is about a week ago so you should be able to find it tracking the last forum threads.
As I just stated in the above forum thread, everything behind the second row seat is just like a regular cargo. The Prototype just had a metal door panel but when we get the production Matt Ford CrewVan demo, we should know more about what they will be putting on the sliding door and the area behind the driver's area.

Our real life example will be built on January 31st and hopefully at the dealership by the middle of February.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
There are currently only 4 CrewVan models showing in the Ford build system. Hopefully we will see more soon as more buyers place orders. Matt Ford has 6 customer orders and 4 stock order units available for making changes to become completed submitted orders.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts