Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know what the cargo space length is behind the passenger seat in the 5 seater crew van in Long wheel base?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
We will have to wait for one to get to a dealership to find out most of the measurements. It is a NEW model and Ford has not been forthcoming on a lot of information on it. From the input I gave them when this project started over 2 1/2 years ago they went with some different features that were discussed as not being the best route for the CrewVan buyer. Main thing was the 62" 3 passenger second row seat that extends out over the step well and I had suggested using the 54" 3 passenger seat as well as the option for the 36" 2 passenger seat.

Since Ford is not having any options for different seating configurations for the second row, Matt Ford will be offering a option for the 54" and 36" seat with the leather seating package via the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition. It may be extended to the standard seat trims later if access to more seats is available.

·
Super Moderator
1,343 Posts
Hi does anyone know what the cargo space length is behind the passenger seat in the 5 seater crew van in Long wheel base?
Exact measurements aren't readily available yet, but since the 2020 shares the same wheelbase and overall dimensions as the 2019 we can take a pretty educated guess. Assuming that the location of the crew passenger seat is in the same place as the 1st row of passenger seats in a passenger van (and why wouldn't it be?), then there would be 107" behind the seats on a long wheelbase and 135" on a long wheelbase extended body.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not thinking that a 12' pipe will fit behind the seats/partition on crew van 148" extended.
Below are the specs for all crew van models that I found on Ford website for 2020 Transit, scroll down to cargo van then click and scroll down to specifications.

2020 Transit Crew Van
Length (Regular, Long, Long-EL)MediumMediumLongLongLongLong-EL
Roof (Low, Medium, High)LowMediumLowMediumHighHigh
Passenger Capacity (2, 5)555555
Rows of Seating2 (2-3)2 (2-3)2 (2-3)2 (2-3)2 (2-3)2 (2-3)
[in.][in.][in.][in.][in.][in.]
Head Room - First Row40.85240.85256.656.6
Maximum Leg Room - First Row41.341.341.341.341.341.3
Leg Room - First Row (Max.)39.739.739.739.739.739.7
Leg Room - First Row60.760.760.760.760.760.7
Shoulder Room - First Row67.967.967.967.967.967.9
Cargo Length Front (at Floor)86.786.7104.3104.3104.3132.8
Cargo Length Front (at Belt)80.880.896.796.796.7125.1
Cargo Width Between Wheelhouse (SRW/DRW)54.854.854.854.854.854.8
Cargo Height Maximum54.270.754.270.777.477.4

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for posting. I was hoping for right around 7 feet on the short wheelbase so that I could get a mountain bike inside with the wheels on, but save a bunch of length while parking in the city. For some reason I couldn't find these specs anywhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We will have to wait for one to get to a dealership to find out most of the measurements. It is a NEW model and Ford has not been forthcoming on a lot of information on it. From the input I gave them when this project started over 2 1/2 years ago they went with some different features that were discussed as not being the best route for the CrewVan buyer. Main thing was the 62" 3 passenger second row seat that extends out over the step well and I had suggested using the 54" 3 passenger seat as well as the option for the 36" 2 passenger seat.

Since Ford is not having any options for different seating configurations for the second row, Matt Ford will be offering a option for the 54" and 36" seat with the leather seating package via the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition. It may be extended to the standard seat trims later if access to more seats is available.
Thanks for the info

Do you know if the other width bench seats/individual seats that I see all over eBay will latch and lock right up to the 3 person wide versions?

If I could have a crew model with a 2 seat (offset to the passenger side) that would be ideal for a galley or bench behind the driver.

(first post! woohoo, planning on building a production van for shoots than can do triple duty as a sleeper/camper van occasionally for solo trips. Or latch in some benches to provide seating for a family of 4.

·
Super Moderator
1,343 Posts
2020 Transit Crew Van
Length (Regular, Long, Long-EL)MediumMediumLongLongLongLong-EL
Roof (Low, Medium, High)LowMediumLowMediumHighHigh
Cargo Length Front (at Floor)86.786.7104.3104.3104.3132.8

That's about 3 inches less than a 2019 passenger van. Hopefully that means they gave the Crew van a little more second row legroom. I've ridden in a passenger van a few times and never felt that the seats were made for full size adults.

And yeah, a 12' foot pipe won't fit, at least not straight, unless the area under the seats is open.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nowhere near official, but one thing I thought when seeing the photo on the build and price page was that it looked like they moved the seat back a few inches to me. Sounds like it's still going to be a while before anyone really knows though unless one shows up at a local dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nowhere near official, but one thing I thought when seeing the photo on the build and price page was that it looked like they moved the seat back a few inches to me. Sounds like it's still going to be a while before anyone really knows though unless one shows up at a local dealership.
I hope so, because riding in the back of a Sprinter Crew sucks. The seats are lower, and they biased the position for more cargo room. Sitting behind the driver you get nothing but seat back, like reverse stadium seating

·
Registered
152 Posts
Quick question about the 2020 vs 2019 side door.

I keep hoping that they make the side door taller on the high roof model so I don't keep hitting my head. Any chance that this happened?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
No, the door would be too tall and too heavy for them to made a higher door opening. You just have to bow your head and pray you don't get another knot on your forehead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick question about the 2020 vs 2019 side door.

I keep hoping that they make the side door taller on the high roof model so I don't keep hitting my head. Any chance that this happened?
From the pictures on autotrader looks like a no. It wouldn’t make sense in production either to have more part numbers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts