Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not sure if I would say that. I think it looks freakin' awesome! Did you have any problems bending the coroplast to fit? The ribs would be running side to side here, wouldn't they?
Thanks!
Yea, the ribs run side to side. In the 8'x4' sheet, they run the long way (8') and I needed widths greater than 48". Bending is not a problem and this stuff is tough and glues up well with 3M 90 adhesive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I covered 1/4" coroplast panels with a tweed material and supported with wooded ribs screwed into plusnuts installed in the roof ribs.
Under that is 1/2" polyiso and 2" of thinsulate. I think it looks fair.
View attachment 133432 View attachment 133432
I covered 1/4" coroplast panels with a tweed material and supported with wooded ribs screwed into plusnuts installed in the roof ribs.
What are the wood ribs made of ? 1x4?
thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
What are the wood ribs made of ? 1x4?
thank you
I had some fir left over from another project, I planned it down to about 3/8", which seemed to be sufficient for the bend. The were ripped to the same width of the roof ribs, about 2.5" IIRC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
update- road testing on washboard gravel and highway have shown no problems with the coroplast ceiling. just a few hours of drive time though. By the way, we used the Ford fasteners to hold them in place. The ones that were holding the factory cargo walls in place before we removed them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It looks fantastic. I built my walls with 1/4" ply and stapled the fabric to it.
How did you attach the fabric to the coroplast? If glue, what type?
Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It looks fantastic. I built my walls with 1/4" ply and stapled the fabric to it.
How did you attach the fabric to the coroplast? If glue, what type?
Thanks.
I used 3M 90 and 3M headliner contact. Both seem to work about the same on test pieces, though the headliner version claims better heat tolerance.
My ceiling has 1/2" Polyiso and 2" (IIRC) thinsulate between the coroplast panels and steel roof, so I'm not that concerned about the heat to the adhesive ... but I may be wrong ... I have been before.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts