Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. My wife and I are coming back to the RV lifestyle and considering a Transit for a conversion as the travel/tow vehicle. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome! That's sort of what we did, too Had a 28' Class C for 10 years, then moved up to a 32' 5th wheel, which had TONS of room, but was a PITA to haul around. Sold the 5er and went with a minimalist truck camper for a while. We had no problems adapting to "small and nimble"; just got tired of the stair climb - so went with our converted Transit to REALLY simplify things. We haven't camped in it yet - we're packing up to head south. But driving the Transit is a lovely experience; and you'll find GOBS of info here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. The Transit is going to be our travel vehicle as it will be outfitted to play many roles. We'll also be towing our 23' travel trailer with it and will likely wind up in a T350 High Roof with 3.5. Only thing to decide on is gearing at this point. As 70-80% of our Transit use will not be while towing we're leaning towards the 3.31's. As the trailer is only 4500lbs loaded, there will be times we'll want to put a motorcycle in the van while towing it. Were it not for the bike, 3.73's wouldn't even be a consideration.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts