Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Transit 250 medium roof
VIN: 1FTYR1CM4KKA24807

This is a work provided vehicle and appears to be bare bones, or close to it.

I wanted to add remote start to it. I have the following out of my 2017;
FoMoCo DNA-9 GEN-2 ENG P/N: AL2J-19G367-AA

Is this compatible and does it use the same wires to connect to?

Second, I wanted to add the keypad for entry. It seems the one that I can find online as compatible are not listed on the various Ford OEM parts sites as the correct one for this vehicle. They don't even list one.

Finally, I liked the heated mirrors, this one does not have them. While the mirrors can be purchased and installed, it appears the relay and fuse are not in the panel. this makes me wonder if the wiring is even there. Other than pulling it all apart, any way to verify if it is there?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,816 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
asdrew,

While they "should work" I'm trying to confirm they do.

As stated, when I try a Ford parts site, they are not listed as compatible or even listed at all for the 2019.

·
Super Moderator
2,816 Posts
Both the items I linked are listed as compatible with the 2019 year. We are just finding out that there is a revised keypad for 2020 and no word yet on cross-compatibility for it.

The extensive wiring instructions for the linked 2019-compatible remote start I installed did not include any caveats or alternative wiring for a 2019 van so the necessary wires will be the same.

Do you have any links to the remote start you removed, and was it indeed installed and working in a 2017 Transit?

·
Registered
138 Posts
The extensive wiring instructions for the linked 2019-compatible remote start I installed did not include any caveats or alternative wiring for a 2019 van so the necessary wires will be the same.
Did you do a write up on the install and do you have the instructions available? I might be interested in this also, thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,816 Posts
Yes, I uploaded them to my website server:
http://www.pastordrew.com/remotestart.pdf
Print them out, highlight key steps, and follow it very methodically.
I was able to complete installation in a few hours.

This was part way through the task, looks more intimidating than it is when following instructions:

PS:
I did not connect the wires for functions that I did not want (horn honk, shutoff with door open, etc)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both the items I linked are listed as compatible with the 2019 year. We are just finding out that there is a revised keypad for 2020 and no word yet on cross-compatibility for it.

Do you have any links to the remote start you removed, and was it indeed installed and working in a 2017 Transit?
Yes, I installed the remote in my 2017 Transit. At the time there was little info on it and I went through a handful of remotes that were NOT compatible despite claims they were.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the driver side torn apart to do the OEM install and the wiring does not match the photos I took of the 2017.

I follow the write up, but how do you get to the wires to test/confirm correct one with everything assembled and in normal working order? Using the DVOM to check for power or ground requires the BCM to be connected.

Anyone know what plugs are 2280 B, C, D?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After posting I went back out and got the clamp/cover off and was able to identify the wires.

It's in and working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got the keypad today and cannot get it to program.

Tried the 4 and 8 key on/off, but do not get a confirmation noise.

Assumed maybe it was in program mode, but did not work.

After some research found the "B" method worked for my vehicle, NOT the "A". This means key in the "ON" position to enter program and it was 8 times.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for the info on remote start. They have the kit for 150 on ebay from Roanoke Ford.

Also I should finally program and mount my keypad... its been sitting in a box for 6+ months lol

Reactions: asdrew
1 - 16 of 16 Posts