Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to clean front AC evaporator in my 2016 Transit 350 XLT. I'm planning on using a foaming cleaner but I'm having a hard time finding out how to access the evaporator. Does anyone have an AC system parts diagram or anyone done this that can help?

thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've done this in the past on Other vehicles and it works well enough. Find the outlet drain (where the condensation drips from when the AC is running), run the flexible nozzle up there. I saw somewhere to spray some Lysol (disinfectant) first, the nozzle just swaps cans (or did for me), Igive it a few seconds of spray and then switch over to the foaming cleaner. I think most of those say to spray and let sit for 10~20 minutes, I just follow the directions, and then remove and let the system drain overnight before starting again.

It's an easy thing to do that makes a Big difference on older cars that have a lot of "funk" in the vents. You can also direct some Lysol into the intake while the AC is running (just remove the filter first if you've installed one) for funk control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts