Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford is NOW admitting the there is a error with the Chrome Surround Grille being placed on the Adventure Prep package and they are looking to correct this problem. If you want to get this error corrected, I need you FULL VIN and the delivering dealer so I can direct it to the proper people at Ford. If you are satisfied with the Chrome Surround Grille or you ordered the Exterior Upgrade package to get that grille, then no need to send the information to me.

Best way to handle this is to send me a PM to crewvanmaninfo with your name, address, phone contact, and email address. THEN send the full 17 digit VIN and the delivering dealer so I can get this information to Ford.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you have a Transit with the Adventure Prep package that has not been built yet getting me that information can possible head off the incorrect grille being placed into it on the production line. My contacts are going to work with the assembly plant to try and get this situation corrected and it best could be done at the time the Transit is built.

I need the same information as above so I can get it to Ford as soon as possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have a Transit with the Adventure Prep package that has not been built yet getting me that information can possible head off the incorrect grille being placed into it on the production line. My contacts are going to work with the assembly plant to try and get this situation corrected and it best could be done at the time the Transit is built.

I need the same information as above so I can get it to Ford as soon as possible.
I do think that the black surround looks better, since there is no other chrome, based on some of the other pictures posted.

@CrewVanManInfo before sending you the info on my van to include in your list, I would have a question. Since it would normally have been an upgrade, do you know if Ford substituted the chrome instead of the black because those parts were more available? If someone requests the "change" to black do you think that would slow down when it's scheduled for production?

For others reference, here are side by side of pictures previously posted under the new colors threads, one with black, one with chrome.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first one is a CrewVan with the Black Steel Wheels so guessing this one may have had the Adventure Prep package. The second one is a cargo van and having the Silver Steel Wheels it would not have had the Adventure Prep package on the window sticker since you can't get those wheels on the package.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The first one is a CrewVan with the Black Steel Wheels so guessing this one may have had the Adventure Prep package. The second one is a cargo van and having the Silver Steel Wheels it would not have had the Adventure Prep package on the window sticker since you can't get those wheels on the package.
Yes, I understand. I was just posting the pictures so that people could see a side by side of the chrome vs. black.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo did you have any idea about my question in post #5 about whether this is really parts availability issue?

I would rather have the black surround grille on my van (that was ordered w/ Adventure Prep package), but not if it means further delaying production/delivery for a significant amount of time.

And I should have said in my earlier post - thank you for your effort in tracking down this issue with Ford.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts