Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Number 10 (Yellow) ring connectors come in at least 5 different hole sizes. The CCP studs use a 5mm nut so I would guess a Ring with a 1/4 inch hole, The 1/8 inch hole ones may fit.

I have some #10 yellow ring connectors that will fit on a 3/4 inch bolt.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ranxerox! My original cables had 1/4-inch Rings and were way large for the M5 stud. I obtained this “Terminal Stud Hole Size Reference Chart” off internet and was hoping to use something smaller than 1/4-inch. A No. 10 hole diameter (minimum) is 0.194 inches. I believe M5 stud has a diameter on 0.190 inches. So I was hoping it would work. Having cables made, so I’ll inquire with the vendor to see if they can confirm the hole size of their No. 10 ring. They dont offer any other sizes in between No.10 or 1/4-inch. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are folks using 1/4-inch ring connectors for the CCP studs? If I go with a A No.10 Ring, it may be a tad small - So may have to enlarge hole so slightly to accomodate M5 stud. Curious as to what others may be using - M5 ring connector, 1/4-inch, or No. 10. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Number 10 (Yellow) ring connectors come in at least 5 different hole sizes. The CCP studs use a 5mm nut so I would guess a Ring with a 1/4 inch hole, The 1/8 inch hole ones may fit.

I have some #10 yellow ring connectors that will fit on a 3/4 inch bolt.
#10 refers to the hole size. Yellow can be either 4 AWG, 10-12 AWG or 24-26 AWG.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry - I’m a novice on electrical items. The battery cable vendor just confirmed that the diameter of their No. 10 Ring Tongue Connector is 0.209 inches and with M5 stud of 0.197 inches - I think this should be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts