Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought that fuse kit from Ford to install two more CCP points and two more 60 amp fuses. All went well. It wasnt that hard removing the seat, the battery, the battery box, and the fuse box covers. It wasnt even too difficult unbolting the fuse block to move it 1/2" to get those two metal pieces in the holes to make 2 more CCP points. I put it all back together and thought I never want to have to do that again. So I had some wires made , three coming off the 3 CCPs. with 1/4" ring connections. I slid them on and realized this kit did not come with the nuts to tighten anything down. So I scrounged around my shop for 3 little nuts and could NOT find anything that fit. The closest was some 10-24s I had. It went on about a thread and got stuck. OK, so the hole size is right just a different thread. So I have to drive 15 miles to an Ace Hardware for 3 little nuts. (I wanted to finish this little chore) Well I found some 10-32 nuts that were close to what I had and went home. They didnt work either. They screwed on maybe a thread and a half and got stuck. They didnt have any other sizes at Ace. Just what are those thread sizes. Has anyone put on this CCP kit and remembered this detail. I suppose I can take every thing all off again to get that little CCP bolt and bring it with me to the store but I hate to do that. I really am hoping someone has a good memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts