Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a 2020 ford transit 350
I’m trying to add a 60a B2B to the ccp connection but noticed it has a 150 fuse. Am I able to connect a wire to the 150 fuse bolt? Appreciate some advise !

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Fuses protect the wire. If your wire can handle 150A without causing damage, no problem from this perspective.

Others can comment on year-specific considerations.

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
456 Posts
Like Sparky said, just make sure your wire is big enough for 150 amps, not the 60 amps that the B2B will draw. If you size the wire for 60 amps and "protect" it with a 150 amp fuse and it shorts out, it is possible that the wire will get so hot that it melts and could cause a fire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could he not just swap out the 150A fuse for a 60A? I realize the 150A is there to allow someone to connnect up to 150A draw from the CCP but if he knows his system will only pull 60A then change the fuse and put the wire in for that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Could he not just swap out the 150A fuse for a 60A? I realize the 150A is there to allow someone to connnect up to 150A draw from the CCP but if he knows his system will only pull 60A then change the fuse and put the wire in for that.
I cannot think of any reason why he could not do that. He could also run a short wire to a 60 amp fuse, leaving the existing fuse intact. Or, he could just upsize the wire and get the benefit of lower resistance.

·
Registered
2020 LWB Tall AWD
17 Posts
@Neff, what did you end up doing here out of interest for myself?

Ill be in same position, so appreciate your reply.
Interesting, I just made a post about this yesterday. That 150 A goes no where, and the 60 A below it feeds the CCP.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I think the original was a better design, Maybe it is because this is what I own.
It was still the same thing, If one fuse blows you have to replace them all. From one of two groups of fuses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts