Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a great new armrest console from England, ready to install in my 2019 Connect LWB. Elsewhere on the forum, someone said put it at 60 degrees and pull from the passenger side. I tried that, the service manager tried that, he looked in the service book and it said to try that. The other day during service to the backup camera, five mechanics tried that. Waiting for Ford to comment. Any suggestions? Any problems with the last ditch of just hacksawing it off? Getting new sheepskin seat covers soon ...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have a great new armrest console from England, ready to install in my 2019 Connect LWB. Elsewhere on the forum, someone said put it at 60 degrees and pull from the passenger side. I tried that,

Ahh, the problems the owners make when they include a Thread for TC's on the full size Transit forum. (n) Sadly you have mistaken this forum for one with info about TC's, possibly the responder you mentioned didn't realize you were asking about a completely different vehicle. Not the 1st time, won't be the last. You might find better luck and answers on the Transit Connect Forum. I have included a link below.

Good Luck

Semper Fi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I couldn't get the little f ... er to come up, and this one included Connects ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tnoll posted in a thread called " Ford Transit Connect General Discussion" . I may be wrong, but that sure sounds like the right place to post about the Transit Connect.
Thank you, kind defender of my honor. I thought there were Connect posts on there ...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
tnoll posted in a thread called " Ford Transit Connect General Discussion" . I may be wrong, but that sure sounds like the right place to post about the Transit Connect.
GapRunr,

If one looks at the header for the Forum it states,"Ford Transit USA Forum", it has been a long time problem because the owners of this forum stupidly put a Thread about another vehicle having entirely different specs and issues, in it.

Now if you have a Transit Connect, would you want to ask questions on a forum dedicated to your type of vehicle or one that only has the name Ford, in common ?

Was trying to guide him to a forum made up of members with like type vehicles where he may/may not get advice from those that actually have the same type of vehicle :unsure: and the same type of problem (s).

There have been numerous posts in the Thread for TC's here, but most of those found answers unique to their type of vehicle on the forum that is actually dedicated to their vehicle.

Not saying tnool can't post here, was just trying to help him find an answer to his question.

Semper Fi

Reactions: EddieZ

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
All of those Transit Connect threads on the Transit USA forum have 100s forum member views of each thread, Some threads have 10,000 or more views, I spotted one Transit Connect thread on the Transit USA forum that had over 30,000 views.
(Of course 2/3 of those people may just be lost, Not realizing they are reading a Transit Connect thread.)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
All of those Transit Connect threads on the Transit USA forum have 100s forum member views of each thread, Some threads have 10,000 or more views, I spotted one Transit Connect thread on the Transit USA forum that had over 30,000 views.
(Of course 2/3 of those people may just be lost, Not realizing they are reading a Transit Connect thread.)
ranxerox,

Probably a higher percentage than that were just reading the post, remember that on the old forum the posts were listed on the right hand side of the page and after you opened the Post it showed what Thread it was on. Most just read the post and maybe answered without even looking at the top of the page to see which discussion group it was in. There were some that even had multiple answers from forum members until they realized they were not replying about a vehicle they had knowledge of and realized their answers were not helpful. Exm; A post about after market tires would get a lot of views and responses until they realized the question was about a TC tire and lug pattern. Or if this Thread originator hadn't of used the word "Connect" in his title it would probably be getting a awful lot of views from members wanting to help until they realized they couldn't.

That's why numerous forum members have researched the web for the correct Forums web sites so that we can help other Ford vehicle owners of vehicles sharing the name Transit find answers to their questions.

Now if it was about a problem with Sprinters we all know there are many, many former Sprinter owners that now have full size Transits that can helpfully answer those type of questions.

Many like this Thread, although there are views and responses, have no helpful answers.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ranxerox,

Probably a higher percentage than that were just reading the post, remember that on the old forum the posts were listed on the right hand side of the page and after you opened the Post it showed what Thread it was on. Most just read the post and maybe answered without even looking at the top of the page to see which discussion group it was in. There were some that even had multiple answers from forum members until they realized they were not replying about a vehicle they had knowledge of and realized their answers were not helpful. Exm; A post about after market tires would get a lot of views and responses until they realized the question was about a TC tire and lug pattern. Or if this Thread originator hadn't of used the word "Connect" in his title it would probably be getting a awful lot of views from members wanting to help until they realized they couldn't.

That's why numerous forum members have researched the web for the correct Forums web sites so that we can help other Ford vehicle owners of vehicles sharing the name Transit find answers to their questions.

Now if it was about a problem with Sprinters we all know there are many, many former Sprinter owners that now have full size Transits that can helpfully answer those type of questions.

Many like this Thread, although there are views and responses, have no helpful answers.

Semper Fi
Google doesn’t help and consistently returns Transit forum on a Transit Connect search. I thought I was finally there when I saw the Connect header. That said, I think the crappy driver armrest is the same on both. In any case, I took your link to the Connect forum and reposted there. Wish ALL the forums allowed deleting... but, they don’t. Transit forum should have put a link to Connect forum instead of a Connect header ...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Google doesn’t help and consistently returns Transit forum on a Transit Connect search. I thought I was finally there when I saw the Connect header. That said, I think the crappy driver armrest is the same on both. In any case, I took your link to the Connect forum and reposted there. Wish ALL the forums allowed deleting... but, they don’t. Transit forum should have put a link to Connect forum instead of a Connect header ...
tnoll,

Every click is money, so it doesn't matter if they deliver you to the correct site or not. :censored: Possibly the answer you received before about the 60 degree angle wasn't for your type seats (?)
Anyway, Good Luck.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tnoll,

Every click is money, so it doesn't matter if they deliver you to the correct site or not. :censored: Possibly the answer you received before about the 60 degree angle wasn't for your type seats (?)
Anyway, Good Luck.

Semper Fi
No method was right out of the service manual. The service dept is waiting for Ford to comment ...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
No method was right out of the service manual. The service dept is waiting for Ford to comment ...
OK, I was going on what you said in your original post "Elsewhere on the forum, someone said put it at 60 degrees and pull from the passenger side", instead you got it from the TC service manual, which is probably quite different from the Transit manual. But nonetheless, good luck.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I was going on what you said in your original post "Elsewhere on the forum, someone said put it at 60 degrees and pull from the passenger side", instead you got it from the TC service manual, which is probably quite different from the Transit manual. But nonetheless, good luck.

Semper Fi
Actually it was both—on ‘a’ forum and in the service manual at the dealer. But Transits have the same crappt armrest, so I might have got lucky. Thanks again for the proper link.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts