Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im having trouble finding the fuse that wired for the interior cargo lights. In the 2019 manuals, there is a fuse titled "interior lights" however I believe the fuse block has been redesigned for 2020 and there is no fuse labeled that in the manual. I also pulled about 8 fuses just trying to guess by the name but none of them turned the cargo lights off. Anybody know what these might be called or bundled with in the 2020 model? Im about to just short out the + and - and see which fuse blows (but that will be a lot of work pulling each fuse until i find it.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
241 Posts
On the 19's the fuse for the cargo area lights is in the box on the driver's side behind the pull away panel. It could be the same on the 20's. On mine, it was difficult to locate because its behind a power take-off that taps into an adjacent fuse location. It took me three attempts and a ton of head scratching to find it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
On the 19's the fuse for the cargo area lights is in the box on the driver's side behind the pull away panel. It could be the same on the 20's. On mine, it was difficult to locate because its behind a power take-off that taps into an adjacent fuse location. It took me three attempts and a ton of head scratching to find it.
Thanks!
Was there a number or some other way to identify it? I did not see it called out in the manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the 2019, the fuse for interior lighting was F32 names "interior lighting". The issue though is they redesigned that fuse block so the number no longer applies. Also looking through the 2020 manual, there is no fuse labeled "interior lighting" or anything similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled every fuse one by one to see what would turn off the cabin lights. What I found is while pulling fuses in the Driver Side Fuse box under the steering wheel, the cargo lights turn off when pulling the fuse that supplies power to the BCM. After reviewing the BEMM that makes sense. Page 103 of the BEMM, it shows the BCM providing power for front and rear cabin lights, however there is no fuse in the BCM for front and rear cabin lights. That table also shows that the overload condition results in Output Shutdown. This is instead of a "fuse blowing" that we are used to. So in summary, I believe in 2020, they redesigned the circuitry such that there is no fuse for the cargo lights. Its all internal to the BCM. I also pulled each fuse in the BCM one at a time and none of them turned off the lights.

I was hoping to wire a master control on/off switch for the cargo lights but still have the auto on functionality when opening a door. Its easy to do if there is a blade fuse associated with the function, but in this case you would have to splice into the wire coming directly from the BCM C3-13, 26, or 14. Which I dont want to do. I supposed I could just interrupt the supply wire leading to the cargo lights further back where its easily accessible in the bundle on the wall.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I pulled every fuse one by one to see what would turn off the cabin lights. What I found is while pulling fuses in the Driver Side Fuse box under the steering wheel, the cargo lights turn off when pulling the fuse that supplies power to the BCM. After reviewing the BEMM that makes sense. Page 103 of the BEMM, it shows the BCM providing power for front and rear cabin lights, however there is no fuse in the BCM for front and rear cabin lights. That table also shows that the overload condition results in Output Shutdown. This is instead of a "fuse blowing" that we are used to. So in summary, I believe in 2020, they redesigned the circuitry such that there is no fuse for the cargo lights. Its all internal to the BCM. I also pulled each fuse in the BCM one at a time and none of them turned off the lights.

I was hoping to wire a master control on/off switch for the cargo lights but still have the auto on functionality when opening a door. Its easy to do if there is a blade fuse associated with the function, but in this case you would have to splice into the wire coming directly from the BCM C3-13, 26, or 14. Which I dont want to do. I supposed I could just interrupt the supply wire leading to the cargo lights further back where its easily accessible in the bundle on the wall.
I wired a master switch into mine by adding a simple on/off switch across the terminals of the side door switch. This allows me to have the cabin lights on with all the doors closed. If I forget to switch it off before leaving and locking the van, the BCM reads it as an open door and gives me the double beep warning when I try to lock it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts