Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i cancelled our 2023 Transit High roof extended order as Steel Ford in Halifax would not even enter into any negotiation on price discount. 2023 price has increased over $10,000 CAD over the 2022 we had on order.

A sad day but the reality is dealers dont care its about making the buck while they can at the expense of the customer. Ford Canada have also been no help.

A dream dies for now

·
Registered
2017, cargo, 130inch, mr, dbl sliders, 3.2 dsl, 3.31 rear end, used 13.5k mi.
215 Posts
Today i cancelled our 2023 Transit High roof extended order as Steel Ford in Halifax would not even enter into any negotiation on price discount. 2023 price has increased over $10,000 CAD over the 2022 we had on order.

A sad day but the reality is dealers dont care its about making the buck while they can at the expense of the customer. Ford Canada have also been no help.

A dream dies for now
Post reading your above explanation for cancelling your new Transit order I sent an email to various gearhead websites relating your experience with Steel Ford in Halifax. I asked for others to let Steel Ford hear from them. I also pasted your text to Steel Ford sales with a droll commentary about not working with you to mediate an appropriate pricing scheme since the 2022 non-delivery was beyond their control. The sales manager from Steel Ford in Halifax phoned me this morning while I was in a meeting and could not answer the voice. If you read this Vanski, give them a call and get that price increase cut in half. I suspect the sales manager at Steel Ford could be further persuaded to be reasonable on pricing if other TransitUSA forum members also emailed the Steel Ford sales staff and let them know we are watching them.

Whatever happened to taking care of the customer in a reasonable fashion. Had a plumber at my home last week for three jobs that were going to pay him between $5 and $6k I suspected. My question to him was how about I hire you for a minimum 20 hours and if 30 are needed fine. If less than 20 was required for the three tasks then I would have him complete the hours right next door inside my detached office that is being renovated. He declined to do so saying he only worked by bid not by the hour. I said okay, bid one third of the first three projects and if all goes well, take the cash for your initial bid and bid the remaining projects. His $315 per hour labor cost for the initial one third of the project he completed precluded me from working for him further. A one man business who is living large-a little too large for me and other relatives and neighbors that could have provided him with nearly three months work. Screw the rip-off trade persons who prey on others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post reading your above explanation for cancelling your new Transit order I sent an email to various gearhead websites relating your experience with Steel Ford in Halifax. I asked for others to let Steel Ford hear from them. I also pasted your text to Steel Ford sales with a droll commentary about not working with you to mediate an appropriate pricing scheme since the 2022 non-delivery was beyond their control. The sales manager from Steel Ford in Halifax phoned me this morning while I was in a meeting and could not answer the voice. If you read this Vanski, give them a call and get that price increase cut in half. I suspect the sales manager at Steel Ford could be further persuaded to be reasonable on pricing if other TransitUSA forum members also emailed the Steel Ford sales staff and let them know we are watching them.

Whatever happened to taking care of the customer in a reasonable fashion. Had a plumber at my home last week for three jobs that were going to pay him between $5 and $6k I suspected. My question to him was how about I hire you for a minimum 20 hours and if 30 are needed fine. If less than 20 was required for the three tasks then I would have him complete the hours right next door inside my detached office that is being renovated. He declined to do so saying he only worked by bid not by the hour. I said okay, bid one third of the first three projects and if all goes well, take the cash for your initial bid and bid the remaining projects. His $315 per hour labor cost for the initial one third of the project he completed precluded me from working for him further. A one man business who is living large-a little too large for me and other relatives and neighbors that could have provided him with nearly three months work. Screw the rip-off trade persons who prey on others.
Thanks for the reply it would be interesting to know what the sales Manager had to say. I was so annoyed I sent an email direct to the owner of Steel who owns multiply dealer franchises in the Halifax area and within 24 hrs. I had a call from the general manager apologizing for the service and a discount offer that was not half but was significant enough for me to reconfirm not only the order I had in for a transit but also an order for a Maverick due for delivery in September.

Lets just say the management at the dealership have recently received some customer appreciation training

1 - 3 of 3 Posts