Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian source for 1/4"-20 plusnuts - Anyone in US or CAN with extras they'd sell?

Ran out of the standard 1/4"-20 plusnuts/crossnuts for my build and the seller on Amazon does not ship to Canada. Any Canadians here purchase plusnuts from "within" Canada OR have found a shipper from the US that ships plusnuts up here? Link below if from Amazon, for reference. Canadian Amazon does not carry.

Edit: Or any folks with leftovers they'd like to sell, either from Canada or US.

https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Plusnuts-Pre-Bulbed-pre-bulbed-Piece/dp/B008VGWFAI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1476394364&sr=8-1&keywords=plusnut

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had the same problem. There was even a thread about it here not too long ago.

I was dealing with Fastenal for a while and they seemed like they might be able to source them for me but kept telling me they'd call/email me and never did. Not that my business matters to them for this small quantity, but it turned me off of dealing with them at least for the immediate future.

I ended up getting 100 from a local van upfitter. They cost me about CAD$ 1.00 each after HST.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem. There was even a thread about it here not too long ago.

I was dealing with Fastenal for a while and they seemed like they might be able to source them for me but kept telling me they'd call/email me and never did. Not that my business matters to them for this small quantity, but it turned me off of dealing with them at least for the immediate future.

I ended up getting 100 from a local van upfitter. They cost me about CAD$ 1.00 each after HST.

Thanks. Just found out that Ackland Granger carries them. Getting these shipped to me in BC from Ontario. Pricey, but I need them.

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/product/RNUT-1-4-20-280-STL-PREBULB-25-PK/p/SHXCPB22520-280-25?fbclid=IwAR3r7M3s6Ks86hxF3Kw6ZbNsMn7zkTnuY4ktLbHHs1Duzz-rCb9vXu1R0zM

·
Registered
959 Posts
Good find. I didn't look there myself.

I did check out Spae-naur, as I'm local to a (the?) main office. They were steering me toward a different sort with very thin leaves that fold out.... at twice the price I paid for the much superior PlusNut.

You could certainly do worse on the price. What does it work out to per unit including shipping and HST? (which is 13% here, I'd have to look up BC)

Reactions: dray2009

·
Registered
959 Posts
Finding metric hardware at common commercial outlets is a rare thing. Imperial still rules because of the US influence.

Reactions: dray2009

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not go m6 and keep the van metric?

Haven't been using the natively threaded holes at all, to be honest. That said, no particular reason, though much easier getting bolts around here in imperial. There are metric but greater variety of lengths in imperial.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good find. I didn't look there myself.

I did check out Spae-naur, as I'm local to a (the?) main office. They were steering me toward a different sort with very thin leaves that fold out.... at twice the price I paid for the much superior PlusNut.

You could certainly do worse on the price. What does it work out to per unit including shipping and HST? (which is 13% here, I'd have to look up BC)

With shipping, it comes to about 1.50 CDN each. So 100 would be $150 CDN.

On Amazon.com, after doing the currency conversion they were about 92 cents CDN each (100 for $92 CDN) with free shipping to a mailbox I have at the border, which is about 3 hours away, round trip. Gas and time obviously a factor.

So, yeah, 50% more but I'm not planning a trip to the border anytime soon, so this is acceptable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts