Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to start my camper conversion and having a hard time finding supplies to convert in canada to avoid paying shipping and duty from the US. pretty much everything, CR lawrence windows, appliances (stove/oven refridge) plumbing and electrical parts, Fiamma awning etc etc. general RV supplies.

anyone have some good "go to" sources. i am in quebec

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Lots of luck, I really got screwed buying a Canadian heater for mine in Canada paying about $400 US dollars more then it cost here.
If all else fails Here maybe you can ask on the Euro Transit forum, Ford Transit Forum .Org I think?

·
Registered
78 Posts
im getting ready to start my camper conversion and having a hard time finding supplies to convert in canada to avoid paying shipping and duty from the US. pretty much everything, CR lawrence windows, appliances (stove/oven refridge) plumbing and electrical parts, Fiamma awning etc etc. general RV supplies.

anyone have some good "go to" sources. i am in quebec
We are based in Victoria BC. www.expeditionupfitter.com Everything we sell, we have used and tested on our own vehicles! Give us a shout if you have questions. Cheers

·
Registered
164 Posts
some stuff is so overpriced in Canada for no good reason. 80% of my stuff was bought online shipped to the USA and I picked up and imported myself. Anything over $100 or so you almost always pay the tax on, other small stuff they usually let you through. I however have the benefit of living on the border. If you have the option of driving over it is worth looking into, but not sure where you live.

The drawback is when you need to return something it is more hassle. The import fees are way too excessive on many items though, that its worth it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@coguzzi Are you a goose fan? Show us the wings!
i am a goose fan. also new to canada, im from Colorado. i kept 2 when i moved, 74 V7 sport and a project im building now while im waiting for my ordered AWD transit to arrive, 49 astore. but ive had tons of moto guzzi. 2 lemans cx100's, several v50's, 2 eldorados, 1100 sport and think im missing some

·
Registered
2020 350 SRW HR 148" AWD Eco
25 Posts
some stuff is so overpriced in Canada for no good reason. 80% of my stuff was bought online shipped to the USA and I picked up and imported myself. Anything over $100 or so you almost always pay the tax on, other small stuff they usually let you through. I however have the benefit of living on the border. If you have the option of driving over it is worth looking into, but not sure where you live.

The drawback is when you need to return something it is more hassle. The import fees are way too excessive on many items though, that its worth it.
In normal times, that's what we do. We live in Creston, BC, which is 15 mins from a parcel depot in Idaho. Shipping to the parcel depot in Idaho and bringing it home ourselves vs. delivered 15 mins further to our home in Canada is usually a huge price difference. Having just bought a new 2020 it's really frustrating. For someone doing a conversion in Canada right now I bet its gonna cost thousands more than normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts