Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week my family should be getting a 2019 Transit 350 wheelchair van from MobilityWorks. They are installing the final pieces, custom for my wife.

I am wondering if there is a way to change the backup alarm to another sound. Not to disable it, but go from the Beep to some other sound of our choosing. Digging around the Google so far, I have only seen discussions of disabling.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,325 Posts
i suspect that the tone and volume of the alarm are in the alarm itself, as opposed to the alarm being a speaker playing the tone it is given. If it has two wires and runs on 12 volts, any 12 volt audible device would work.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You can always tape over the alarm piezo or cover it with insulation to really muffle it.

To totally change the sound, you would have to replace the piezo "speaker". They are available in different tones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Changing the alarm itself will be the easiest solution. A variety of different manufacturers have different sound signatures. There are also ones that change volume according to ambient noise, so in a quiet environment their volume is lower. You just have to go to the manufacturer web site and they may have sound samples.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts