Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Recently we've been working on a drawer for the bikes and the bed frame.

Here's a video we made:

Also managed to get most of the bed frame assembled for the first time (this will have to come out again soon).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We managed a pretty productive weekend on the van. One area that we finished off was the initial wiring. There's a lot to do in this van and this is just the start of it! Here's a video of what we did:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now that I'm back at work progress has slowed down a bit. At least we managed to get the insulation done:

We also have re-fitted the ply that we want back on the walls.

We were about to fit the 4 way stretch carpet and then realised that it will be easier to build the furniture and get all of the connections into the body sorted. Then take it out and fit the carpet.

This isn't as mad as it sounds. The furniture is all being built with 8020 so is easy to unbolt and remove.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally got around to putting more of the internal structure together, including the frame that the fridge sits on/in.

So here is a video of our experience working with 8020 aluminium extrusions:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The ceiling insulation is falling down, need to try something different, once that's sorted then it's back on with the Kitchen Unit.

Also been pulling together parts to make my own Raptor style front grille, including some programmable LEDs behind the letters.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In the latest update we decided to significantly improve the bike drawers, by having the trays fabricated in 5 bar aluminium. So we disassembled the original drawer and rebuilt it onto the new tray. Then added a second tray.

All in all these came out brilliantly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We have made some progress on the kitchen unit, including some 3d printed hinges for our 8020 framework

And here's a video about this part of the build:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We both took a week off work last week and managed to get a good amount of work done on the toilet and shower room.

There was a lot of 'design on the go' needed, we're really happy with the outcome. Unfortunately I stood on the unsupported edge of the shower tray and cracked it. A replacement will be here this week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We've had unseasonably warm weather this week, so I spent most of the weekend under the van fitting our underslung fresh and grey water tanks:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts