Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am looking to purchase a van to convert into a camper. I have a three year old daughter in a car seat. At first I was thinking the cargo van would work, but now thinking about the future if I have another child, I will have 2 in carseat that would require at least 2 three point harnesses. What are the best options for travelling with two in carseats (and one to two adults)? What do you do for extra sleeping space?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I started with a passenger van for the safety. Took out the second row seat and left the third row double seat. Built an East-West bed between the windows. A double size blowup camping mattress works for the kids on the floor between the front buckets and bench seat.
A new option for 2020 is the crew van, but that seat is right behind the first row, so you would have to have a kids bed behind that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We upgraded our existing 2011 RV seat to convert it into a double bed with the RecPro charles collection double recliner 58. Very pleased with this recliner, soft comfortable, easy to sleep in. Almost reclined to a flat position when hugging the wall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts