Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to install an electrical system in my camper van. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for kits, parts lists, or diagrams I can use to get started? I am good with electrical but have never installed a fully solar system that can self sustain.

I am looking for a solar system that can support everything: lights, electric water heater, outlets, stove top, etc. I would prefer that it can do it all. I am open to any and all suggestions! Let me know what you have for ideas. Money is not a big issue but would like to stay around $5000 or under.

I know there are a lot of videos out there, but a lot of them that I have watched don't have an accompanying parts lists.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
124 Posts
These guys have probably the best diagram published. Their process is very good as well. Figure out your 'wants', calculate your loads and size the system from there. Unless you are going to pay someone to build your system, you have a lot of leg work to do! If you have pointed questions, many here will have excellent feedback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking to install an electrical system in my camper van. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for kits, parts lists, or diagrams I can use to get started? I am good with electrical but have never installed a fully solar system that can self sustain.

I am looking for a solar system that can support everything: lights, electric water heater, outlets, stove top, etc. I would prefer that it can do it all. I am open to any and all suggestions! Let me know what you have for ideas. Money is not a big issue but would like to stay around $5000 or under.

I know there are a lot of videos out there, but a lot of them that I have watched don't have an accompanying parts lists.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Get a Goal Zero and a solar panel and cig lighter charge cord! They make it super easy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Check out the following site. Nate has done an excellent job detailing many different systems for vans. The website details numerous configurations for different sizes/budgets and there are links to all the items in the diagrams. He also has a great YouTube channel with many great videos and tutorials focussing mainly on solar / electrical systems for vans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.