Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 1st ever problem with my 3.7 Transit yesterday.
Driving home from grocery shop, stopped at a long cycling traffic light, engine started running rough,like a misfire. Pulled over at 1st opportunity shut off for a few seconds restarted still not right, no check engine warning, popped hood and see motor vibrating, not good !!
Called dealership, they said bring it in, (12 miles away) as I drove slowly the check engine light came on but made it there ok.
Friend picked me, dog and groceries up, dealer calls me a couple of hours later with the news that the problem is a cam phaser failure approx $1,700 - $2,600 to fix. Happy Thursday.

MM

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fixed $1,725 they had to cut one of the drivers side rocker cover studs due to corrosion ( recognized problem ) no charge for replacement cover ($99.00) the scan showing 3 codes relating to the cam faser ( I requested they keep all parts replaced be kept for me,which they did )
When they started the van the day after I left it, from cold there was no apparent problem, even at working temperature ran fine? ?.
Anyway covered a couple hundred miles now and all good.

MM

ps, the rain water (turd) recognized problem
So why no good fix??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That still doesn't address water intrusion onto wiring harness/connector, and engine.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Wouldn't know about that. Never been an issue for me. I just put some wide tin foil over the top of the airbox and called it a day. No soggy filters after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts