Ford Transit USA Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
94 Posts
Just sent you an email.
What's the limit? Will you have too many people?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I need the number to work with when I go to Ford for asking for an allocation number. My number was 100 for the 2022 model and whatever number I come up with in the next week of so will be what I ask for. I'm sure it will be more than 100 and would like it to be close to 150 at least. They may knock the number down, so it doesn't hurt to ask for a higher number first. Should have done that on the 2022 model but was promised a chance for more that did not happen.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your dealership is minutes away from the plant. Do you still pay the same delivery charges?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I need the number to work with when I go to Ford for asking for an allocation number. My number was 100 for the 2022 model and whatever number I come up with in the next week of so will be what I ask for. I'm sure it will be more than 100 and would like it to be close to 150 at least. They may knock the number down, so it doesn't hurt to ask for a higher number first. Should have done that on the 2022 model but was promised a chance for more that did not happen.
When do you anticipate order book being available? I'd like to configure a 2023 ASAP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like I will be gathering information for forum members who are looking at placing an order for a 2023 Transit. Part of making this list will help me when going to Ford to ask for a specific number of allocations for the 2023 Transit so I can be sure to get all of the Transit orders I place in the system.

Here is the information I need to get you on the list.

Full Name
Physical Address
Contact phone number
Email address

Specific body style of Transit
you will look at ordering. Use the www.transitbodydecoder.com site with the 3 digit body code as that information is needed for seeing what body styles are required as part of the allocations.

Send this information in the listed format to
[email protected] Once I know more about the 2023 Ford Transit Order Information, I will come back with a NEW forum thread with updated information. Right now it looks like the June 1st date will be good for placing first order entries.
Thanks, email sent.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What if the 2023 model year dropped the AWD option?
😜

·
Registered
94 Posts
I realize the shipping charges are always the same as it is probably the standard for all vehicles of all brands.
But would it be true that being so close to the factory makes the waiting time between the "built" status and arrival on the dealer's lot significantly shorter?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I realize the shipping charges are always the same as it is probably the standard for all vehicles of all brands.
But would it be true that being so close to the factory makes the waiting time between the "built" status and arrival on the dealer's lot significantly shorter?
That was the sales pitch that got me to order my Transit from Matt Ford in Kansas City (area) in the Fall of 2020.

Don't plan a vacation around ordering a van though, no matter how close you order it to the factory. While it got to the dealer quicker than it would have made it across country on a train car, it spent mysterious weeks in limbo/holding lots before it made it to the dealer.

Those delays combined with early storms over the Rockies the week before pickup put the kibosh on my envisioned trip home. Hopefully the second time will be a charm.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Just looked at the emails yesterday and up to 92 inquiries. Will probably have the '100' number by today. So I will at least be going to that '100' number for the 2023 model. May just go for 200 anyway and then I will have to work hard to get those slots filled up with orders.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just looked at the emails yesterday and up to 92 inquiries. Will probably have the '100' number by today. So I will at least be going to that '100' number for the 2023 model. May just go for 200 anyway and then I will have to work hard to get those slots filled up with orders.
I am not asking this sarcastically, but does it even matter how many they allocate? This year you had 100 and, based on the last info I read, there is a chance not all 100 will be built.

Reactions: LumberJeff

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
At this point I have 65 'Unscheduled - Clean' orders left for scheduling. With the recent information we got from Ford on the Power Sliding Side Door holdup, we had 13 with VINs and scheduling and 34 that were still 'Unscheduled - Clean' that had that option on their preview order and I am sure Ford was holding back moving those orders for scheduling with the parts supply issue. Since NOW we will be deleting that option off the rest of the 2022 production, it should open up those orders for getting scheduled. I look for the ones with VINs to possibly fall into the current listed WEEK of June 20th dates and the other ones may come right behind those dates.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
We got 100% of our 2021 Transit orders and am expecting to get all of our orders for the 2022 model. The ones I have over the 100 were originally 2021 models that were allocation as stock units and I just moved them to 2022 orders and later to customer orders. Will see what the outcome is when we get down to the last scheduling for the 2022 models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo Do you have any additional insight into the schedule for 2023MY production? Is this still the schedule to the best of your knowledge?

Got this from the Blue Oval Forums:
Human body Rectangle Gesture Font Handwriting

Curious what the difference between "regular" order bank and VSO order bank.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts