Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
wish i could order from you, as a Canadian customer. technically i probably could since im a US citizen, but financially backwards to do so after crossing the border with it.

my dealer here said they would honor base price for the 21 model they never got me for the 22 that i have zero confidence in them getting either. better believe if i have to reorder a 23 il be fighting for that 21 base price-ha (it is the fleet dealer for my area-not some small town dealer). but i might try elsewhere if i have to
I don't think your dealer will honor the base price from a 2021 model R2X for a 2022 or 2023 model.

Since you have given me a R2X as a example, here is the base pricing for that body style based on these 3 Ford price lists for a 2022 model.

Price list date....R2X base price
9/10/2021.............$45,820
4/01/2022.............$46,635
4/22/2022.............$49,865

I will go back and see if I have the Ford pricing sheet for the 2021 model but I am sure it is less than the beginning price for the 2022 model.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't think your dealer will honor the base price from a 2021 model R2X for a 2022 or 2023 model.

Since you have given me a R2X as a example, here is the base pricing for that body style based on these 3 Ford price lists for a 2022 model.

Price list date....R2X base price
9/10/2021.............$45,820
4/01/2022.............$46,635
4/22/2022.............$49,865

I will go back and see if I have the Ford pricing sheet for the 2021 model but I am sure it is less than the beginning price for the 2022 model.
i ordered the 2021 R2X in February of 21. reordered the 22 R2X first day order bank opened. here are the numbers i have, in Canadian $ (CAD), for the base price

2021 R2X $51569
2022 R2X $52770

so that is $1201 CAD difference and it was the agreement (in writing) that they would honor base price from 2021 (not option prices). BUT, i did see somewhere and need to find it that Ford itself was offering $1500 USD for anyone with a cancelled 2021 order who reordered a 2022. need to find that, and since $1500 USD is $1900 CAD--not sure i can make that fly but know i will try. $1201 isnt that much to ask for being jerked around for 14 months and counting if you ask me. they will really have to work to get me to order a MY23 from them

I know pricing has gone up throughout the MY22, but they need to honor the price agreed upon at ordering time as you have stated many times.

So, i do actually have a US address still--hmmm. still dont think its worth it

I've fixed a few crashed Guzzi's but I don't have one myself. I saw the pic and thought of you. :cool:(y)
i owned a small motorcycle shop in Denver as my mental health release outlet, moto guzzis (vintage/tonti frame) and urals (russian sidecar bikes) were my specialty. weird combo i know, but both are "my brand" still

·
Registered
7 Posts
After one day we already have 27 order inquiries about the 2023 Transit. Will see in a week or so if we can get past the 100 mark and towards a higher goal for getting more Transits ordered.
Ed, it's not looking to good for my 2022 order. Still no date. Still sitting at Clean/Unscheduled. I would like to place an order for a 2023 assuming that my 2022 order gets balanced out. I tried to message you direct but didn't see an option to do so. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 W3U 350 Hi Roof ELWB
5 Posts
Ed so far still only Clean/unscheduled on a 2021 W3U , not feeling good vibes about getting it , so just sent an email to you to be on your list for MY 2023,
Thanks for what you do

·
Registered
239 Posts
We can't control the changes in the Ford pricing, and we pay Ford based on when the order was placed in the system. Once it goes to a different year model, you lose the price protection for that order and a new order has to be placed in the Ford order system. Ford does not have a compensation program for unfilled Transit orders.
That's just a **** straight honest answer for people Ed. Thanks.

Folks may not like the news, but if your dealer is telling you "Ford will match the old pricing and put your order up front for 2023" it just means you (probably grossly) overpaid for the order that dealer wasn't able to fill for 2022.

Ed may not get all of his 2022's (not giving up yet0 but he is already working on how to get those folks taken care of. .....And the rest who have yet to order one. On my second van purchased thru CVM and no regrets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo, what's your plan for those of us who have an open 2022 order with another dealer? It's my understanding the 2023 order-banks will open before the remaining unscheduled clean 2022 orders are either picked up or balanced out. If my order hasn't been pulled, I want to go through you for 2023, but there would still be a chance my 2022 gets built. If it did, are you going to refund my deposit and cancel my 2023 order?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do I tell which of these is SRW vs DRW? Is there any other difference between T-250/350/350HD that I should consider? THANKS!
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Pattern

Specific body style of Transit you will look at ordering. Use the www.transitbodydecoder.com site with the 3 digit body code as that information is needed for seeing what body styles are required as part of the allocations.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
@CrewVanManInfo, what's your plan for those of us who have an open 2022 order with another dealer? It's my understanding the 2023 order-banks will open before the remaining unscheduled clean 2022 orders are either picked up or balanced out. If my order hasn't been pulled, I want to go through you for 2023, but there would still be a chance my 2022 gets built. If it did, are you going to refund my deposit and cancel my 2023 order?
You can send me your 2022 order and we can see what additional options are available for the 2023 model and build out the NEW 2023 order with what you want to order. You will just stick it out on your 2022 order until it goes to 'Unscheduled - Balanced Out' and that would have to come from your current dealer. Since you did not have a 2022 order with us, you would have to place a $1000 deposit for the 2023 order and if your 2022 order got pulled for production, we would refund your deposit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
How do I tell which of these is SRW vs DRW? Is there any other difference between T-250/350/350HD that I should consider? THANKS!
View attachment 171392
As others have said, any of the HD body codes are dual rear wheel. I think, but cannot recall where I read it, that the 11,000lb GVWR actually does have a different rear axle. But for the 9,950 and 10,360 the only difference is springs.

The laws around these vary from state to state and even from insurance company to insurance company. However some providers (I have personally confirmed this with Allstate in Illinois) do not offer personal insurance coverage for vehicles over 10,000lbs GVWR; they require commerical registration/insurance. This is why Ford specifically makes the 9,950lb rated van.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts