Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members,

Reviewing and considering ordering options. Any one have a handle on that 47E package for the XLT Wagon (mid roof, long)?? Seems to be everything except the flooring and the seats and rails. The question is, is the van prepped for the rails so in essence I put in the rails and bolt with the appropriate hardware? Is the van already reinforced to receive the rails?? Also, does Ford sell those rails. I have seen them on Ebay as well as the seats. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
You have a Transit passenger van without the flooring, floor rails, and seats. You should have some taped over threaded holes in the floor that can accept the floor mounting brackets but they have to be a certain DOT color based on the area you are placing the seats. The ones near the front use the BLUE DOT floor mounting rails with the ORANGE DOT near the back of the van. The area around the single 4 leg seat use the RED DOT brackets. Having the correct brackets for the specific area where you are installing the seats makes it a bolt-in installation.

The major problem when you are placing seats in this type of van is the 1st 2 rows use double row brackets that hold the 3 passenger seat and the 2 passenger seat behind it. If you only want the first row of seats, you have to cut down the bracket for the single seat. I should have some of the BLUE DOT brackets in BOTH the 2 seat length and the single cut down bracket if you are only going with the one front seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a Transit passenger van without the flooring, floor rails, and seats. You should have some taped over threaded holes in the floor that can accept the floor mounting brackets but they have to be a certain DOT color based on the area you are placing the seats. The ones near the front use the BLUE DOT floor mounting rails with the ORANGE DOT near the back of the van. The area around the single 4 leg seat use the RED DOT brackets. Having the correct brackets for the specific area where you are installing the seats makes it a bolt-in installation.

The major problem when you are placing seats in this type of van is the 1st 2 rows use double row brackets that hold the 3 passenger seat and the 2 passenger seat behind it. If you only want the first row of seats, you have to cut down the bracket for the single seat. I should have some of the BLUE DOT brackets in BOTH the 2 seat length and the single cut down bracket if you are only going with the one front seat.
Thank you!! Seems like the van is prepped for the rails. Does Ford sell the aforementioned rails??

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
We would need to know the body style you have to determine which seating setup you might have. The body style codes are the 5th to 7th digits in your VIN. Are you going to try and put a complete set of seats in the van or just certain seats in specific positions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We would need to know the body style you have to determine which seating setup you might have. The body style codes are the 5th to 7th digits in your VIN. Are you going to try and put a complete set of seats in the van or just certain seats in specific positions.
Matt, thank you for your kind replies. The swivel seat is very important to me. Seems to be that out of the gate, the factory allows only options for the cargo model and the passenger with the 47E package. The crew model is not available. That would have been ideal (we are a family of 4). I am not sure what difference Ford thinks between the crew model and the passenger van. I guess it's a production pipeline thing. The same goes for the 90G parking brake code.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt, thinking about the x9c body code. We are a family of 4, but to have the flexibility of various seating positions would be absoluetly amazing. So the question is, given that, where are the bolt threads for the seat rails? Is it for the complete 15 seat version, 12 seat version, 8 seat version? The seating matrix gives the locations, the question is does the 47E in the X9C provide for all 15 seats?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The X9C is the T-350 MR 148" WB AWD passenger van body style. You may have the weld nuts for the 12 or 15 passenger seating. The difference would be in the weld nuts in the rear of the van by the back doors. If you have them close to the doors you probably have the setup for the 15 passenger seating. If the weld nuts are about 4 feet from the rear of the van, then it is setup for the 12 passenger seating and the holes would be different for the mounts for the back rows.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The X9C is the T-350 MR 148" WB AWD passenger van body style. You may have the weld nuts for the 12 or 15 passenger seating. The difference would be in the weld nuts in the rear of the van by the back doors. If you have them close to the doors you probably have the setup for the 15 passenger seating. If the weld nuts are about 4 feet from the rear of the van, then it is setup for the 12 passenger seating and the holes would be different for the mounts for the back rows.
@lkazanov is asking if the Builders Prep Package 47E comes with the inserts for all 15 seats.

First line in his post.
"Reviewing and considering ordering options"
He doesn't have the van! That is why he is asking you. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@lkazanov is asking if the Builders Prep Package 47E comes with the inserts for all 15 seats.

First line in his post.
"Reviewing and considering ordering options"
He doesn't have the van! That is why he is asking you. :)
That is exactly right!! I do not have the van (yet). I am going to guess (and I hate guessing) is that the 47E will spec out a 12 seating position van. The reason is that 12 seats is the standard for the passenger wagon. Where the seats are exactly is spelled out in the PDF I attached above. The question is does Ford sell those rails through the parts department or do I have to go to Ebay for that. Hopefully MattFord will give additional answers.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have seen them have BOTH..... the 12 or the 15 passenger holes and not sure how they designate which one comes on a particular ordered passenger van when you order the 47E package. Ask NellieTheElephant what layout he has on his van.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have seen them have BOTH..... the 12 or the 15 passenger holes and not sure how they designate which one comes on a particular ordered passenger van when you order the 47E package. Ask NellieTheElephant what layout he has on his van.
Thank you again for the reply. So if that is the case, how do you tell Ford that when they build my van with 47E that I get the 15 seat version? Will I ever use it? Probable never, BUT having the very rear (last row) seat nut weldment would be an excellent attachment point (and DOT legal) for a seat track system. I mean your paying for the 47E why not have all the weldments?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts