Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford pulled the first group of submitted order for the 2021 Transit last night so 5 stock ordered vehicles are available for sale. There is a T-250 HR CrewVan (R2V) that Ford is sending to us earlier than others with my contribution to that model and it has a build WEEK of 1/11/2021. Next in line is another T-250 MR CrewVan (R2D) and a T-350 MR 12 passenger van (X9C) showing WEEK of 1/18/2021. Last 3 of this group (R2C & R2X) have build date WEEK of 1/25/2021.

All of these 2021 Transit have some really good options with the Adventure package on the
MR & HR CrewVans and one of the R2X cargo vans. Some buyers may not want the Adventure package as it automatically adds the rear and sliding door glass to that option. It automatically adds the 4 way swivel seat option but you can select other seating options.

·
Registered
33 Posts
CVM, could you post the vehicle window stickers when they are generated for these stock ordered units? This would give us the best idea of how the package pricing has changed for 2021 since the Matt Ford units are usually well optioned.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't have the online window stickers for these Transits until 10 days before the build date but I can put the preview orders here that give you the same information.

If you find one of these Transit that would work for you, you can send a email to [email protected] for a price quote. These have current build dates WEEK of January 25th so we should have them at the dealership the middle of February. By making a $1000 deposit, you can lock in for the purchase of the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
What is exactly in the adventure package?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Adventure Package Standard Features

4 way manual swivel seats
Audio package #22
Privacy Glass
Dual Batteries
Keyless Entry
Front Fog Lamps
Auxiliary Fuse Panel
Wheel Well Liners
Black Steel Wheels
Rear & Side Door Glass
Power Heated/Folding Mirrors with Turn Signals
Illuminated Vanity Visor Mirrors
Front Overhead Shelf
BLIS
Adaptive Cruise Control...forgot to add this one!
110V 400W Power Outlet
12V Rear Powerpoint
Side Sensing System
Modified Vehicle Wiring
Inside Rear View Mirror
Reverse Sensing System

There are a few options that can be changed but the Rear & Side Door Glass can't be changed. Once you click on the Ford order system for the Adventure package, it adds all of the listed options and a few can be changed. If any specific options are entered to be changed, the Ford system may 'delete' the complete Adventure package and that is the case if you try to change out the Rear & Side Door Glass. Understand you can order ALL of these options separately and if there is something you do not want as part of the package, DO NOT ORDER the Adventure package. I am sure other Ford dealers not educated to how this ordering system works may make changes AFTER they select the Adventure package and can actually delete the whole package.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To best understand the Adventure package and ALL of the NEW packaged options for the 2021 Transit, having the CrewVanMan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet is your best chance to see EVERYTHING that is available for the 2021 model and work with me to get the correct options ordered for your Transit purchase. It has 47 pages of information and just because you read it does not always mean you understand what happens once you try to place the order. This Adventure package is one of the many packages that has a few variables that you can change some options within it and others you can't change without 'deleting' the complete package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Adventure Package Standard Features

4 way manual swivel seats
Audio package #22
Privacy Glass
Dual Batteries
Keyless Entry
Front Fog Lamps
Auxiliary Fuse Panel
Wheel Well Liners
Black Steel Wheels
Rear & Side Door Glass
Power Heated/Folding Mirrors with Turn Signals
Illuminated Vanity Visor Mirrors
Front Overhead Shelf
BLIS
110V 400W Power Outlet
12V Rear Powerpoint
Side Sensing System
Modified Vehicle Wiring
Inside Rear View Mirror
Reverse Sensing System

There are a few options that can be changed but the Rear & Side Door Glass can't be changed. Once you click on the Ford order system for the Adventure package, it adds all of the listed options and a few can be changed. If any specific options are entered to be changed, the Ford system may 'delete' the complete Adventure package and that is the case if you try to change out the Rear & Side Door Glass. Understand you can order ALL of these options separately and if there is something you do not want as part of the package, DO NOT ORDER the Adventure package. I am sure other Ford dealers not educated to how this ordering system works may make changes AFTER they select the Adventure package and can actually delete the whole package.
I thought I read the Adventure PKG also included adaptive cruise which was a deal breaker for me as its usually a spendy feature to shut off all the time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do we know what the black steel wheels will look like? I've googled and found older ones from 2015, so similar to that?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have asked about the Black wheels and from what I can tell, it will just be the Silver stock wheels painted BLACK instead of the Silver color. I had heard at one point it would be like the Ranger or F-150 style 6 lug spoke wheel but until I see a actual picture of one on a Transit, not for sure what it looks like.

·
Registered
357 Posts
does anyone know if you can get factory swivels with any power and or heated seats?
No. Factory swivels are all manual with some of the adjustments missing from the passenger seat. I was going to order this for a long time but when I found out the passenger would not get a lumbar support I finally switched. I am not sure but I believe there is no height adjustment for the passenger either. My wife needs stuff too. I’m now going with power, cloth seats because I’m not a fan of leather. I’ll add swivel myself to both. I know there are some problems to be aware of like the fore/aft electric motor but it’s finally come to this.

·
Registered
2016 Transit Connect LWB Ecoboost - For Sale Soon
2 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo have you heard any of build dates for low roof AWD SWB, cargo or crews?

Looking at swapping out our TC for something a bit bigger, but pickings are slim on leftover 2020s.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We NOW have 7 2021 stock ordered Transits with production dates from WEEK of January 25th. Body styles include R2C, R2D, R2X, 2 R2V, and 2 X9C. If interested in any of these body styles, the first 5 are in the #3 forum listed above. The added 2 are the R2V & X9C and I will be adding those here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
We NOW have 7 2021 stock ordered Transits with production dates from WEEK of January 25th. Body styles include R2C, R2D, R2X, 2 R2V, and 2 X9C. If interested in any of these body styles, the first 5 are in the #3 forum listed above. The added 2 are the R2V & X9C and I will be adding those here.
Sent you a message about pricing November 13.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No. Factory swivels are all manual with some of the adjustments missing from the passenger seat. I was going to order this for a long time but when I found out the passenger would not get a lumbar support I finally switched. I am not sure but I believe there is no height adjustment for the passenger either. My wife needs stuff too. I’m now going with power, cloth seats because I’m not a fan of leather. I’ll add swivel myself to both. I know there are some problems to be aware of like the fore/aft electric motor but it’s finally come to this.
Hi T town, where did you hear that the factory swivels did not provide the same features for the passenger as the driver? I doubt this, both because of the option description (both are 4 way) and from the operation description in the owner's manual.
Can anyone who has seen a Transit with factory swivels verify this for us? CrewVanManInfo?

Bob

·
Registered
357 Posts
You’re going to have to wait for someone who has them. I’m interested also.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On the factory 4 way swivel seats. you have a knob under the driver's seat armrest that controls the lumbar for that seat. NO control for the passenger seat!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts