Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
There are only two high power items in my build: the Solar to Goal Zero and the 12V Isotherm 130 to Goal Zero. Both are 10AWG wires with Anderson Power Pole connectors. Rather than buy tools to make only two connectors I had them made by Powerwerx for a very nominal cost. Tip- buy a few feet more wire than you think you need. The Bluetti (and others) has it's own proprietary plugs, yet Powerwerx can do that too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Have definitely learned a lot the last couple of days thanks to this forum thread and other sources.

Question: The one item I can't figure out is how to charge directly from CCP for faster charging when the van is running. Wish there was a simple documented solution for this.

Charging via the 12V cigarette port isn’t ideal as the provided 12V charging cord is too short for placing the Bluetti about mid van as shown below

Motor vehicle Vehicle Head restraint Automotive design Mode of transport

·
Registered
51 Posts
Connect an inverter to the CCP. Use the 120VAC from the inverter to charge the Bluetti, using the Bluetti supplied power brick. This is the simplest and easiest way to charge the Bluetti at a reasonable rate. It also provides electrical isolation between the Van 12V system and the Bluetti 12V system.,

·
Registered
2017 Transit 350 HD Wagon
28 Posts
My favorite video for connecting the Bluetti to a 12v fuse panel in the van for absolute beginners (like me) is from Jonnie's Journey.

I did this on my van and so far it works fine. The hardest part was ordering the 25A plug for the Bluetti, it took months for it to come available.

If you don't want to buy from Amazon, go direct to the manufacturer's website. BlueSea lets you order direct, as do other companies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My favorite video for connecting the Bluetti to a 12v fuse panel in the van for absolute beginners (like me) is from Jonnie's Journey.

I did this on my van and so far it works fine. The hardest part was ordering the 25A plug for the Bluetti, it took months for it to come available.

If you don't want to buy from Amazon, go direct to the manufacturer's website. BlueSea lets you order direct, as do other companies.
Thanks, great video.

Just to confirm, what part # is he correct 25Amp plug I want to get? A bit confusing from the vid. She has several links. I think it’s the SA20?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Transit 350 HD Wagon
28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Connect an inverter to the CCP. Use the 120VAC from the inverter to charge the Bluetti, using the Bluetti supplied power brick. This is the simplest and easiest way to charge the Bluetti at a reasonable rate. It also provides electrical isolation between the Van 12V system and the Bluetti 12V system.,
This is the plan, was just waiting for someone else to confirm it. Ordered a 1400watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter for this.

Question, do I need a breaker between the CCP and inverter? Do I need one between the inverter and the Bluetti?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I finally found a Ford CCP Kit to install two more 60A fuses, so that I can use all three of the CCP connections. It is Ford part number BK2Z-14S411-A.

It is a good design practice to install a breaker between the CCP and the inverter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Ok gang, a little help: Which one of these is the ground between the seats? Or do I need to remove this panel to get to it?

Hood Automotive exterior Laptop accessory Automotive wheel system Auto part

I did check with a Voltmeter and both points seem to work, as does the D-ring bolt pictured below. But obviouslythe ground point per the BEMM is what I want. The BEMM is vague!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle door

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
After some prying and swearing, I took that lower panel off and found what looks like the ground in the lower right of pic.

broje a little bit of plastic off that panel as it is stubbornly tucked under the seat pedestals…

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ram a test, everything works out including charging the Bluetti exactly as I hoped. Power out of Inverter says 500W, power into Bluetti about 464-480W.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Gadget Font Plant Display device Gas

I disassembled it and will work on mounting the inverter and adding a breaker between CCP2 and your inverter next week.

I will need some sort of bracket for mounting the inverter and longer positive & negative cables. Since these are heavier gauge, I’ll have them made.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
21 - 35 of 35 Posts