Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Look at Orton's electrical system. It will give you some good ideas about how to wire your 120VAC shore power input and about how to charge the Bluetti from your van battery. Orton is a member of this forum and maybe he will post a link to the electrical system page for his van build.

It can be useful to install a shore power connection early in the build. Right after you remove the interior panels. I installed a shore power plug on the rear driver side bumper. It had a 6 foot power cord, with plug, that I ran into the wall above the rear tire. I was working outside and this made it easy to plug in a light and a small electric heater.

I'm going to use a Bluetti AC200, for now, until I install the house battery and inverter. I'm using Orton's system of charging the Bluetti off of a 1000W inverter connected to the van battery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Connect an inverter to the CCP. Use the 120VAC from the inverter to charge the Bluetti, using the Bluetti supplied power brick. This is the simplest and easiest way to charge the Bluetti at a reasonable rate. It also provides electrical isolation between the Van 12V system and the Bluetti 12V system.,

·
Registered
56 Posts
I finally found a Ford CCP Kit to install two more 60A fuses, so that I can use all three of the CCP connections. It is Ford part number BK2Z-14S411-A.

It is a good design practice to install a breaker between the CCP and the inverter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts