Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the blue sea 30 amp main circuit breaker panel to go in-between shore hookup and the inverter. I can't find an insulating back panel to fit it.i also have the blue sea ac distribution panel with main and 3 15 am breakers and 3 blanks but was able to find the panel back for this. I'm curious to hear what others have done for this? Cheers Sid

Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gadget Electronic engineering Electronic component

·
Registered
4,080 Posts

·
Registered
17 350 XL HD passenger van converted
564 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but does anyone know if/where to purchase the "pin" that ties the two levers together on these breakers?
Gadget Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the cover that I have for the the larger ac distributing panel bit it is way to big for just the 30 amp main breaker panel. DIYvan actually 3d prints a face plate that uses the same blue sea 30 amp double breaker ( or 15, 20 amp) and wire the line/load sides of the breaker into an insulated back panel, really nice package. If I would have seen that, I probably would have bought it. The 4027 insulated panel back goes with blue sea 8027 120v ac main distribution panel.
Hein at DIYvan said if I send him the breaker he could 3d print me something that could work but he is very busy and couldn't give me a turnaround time. I thought surely someone has used this breaker and found a solution for the back panel.

·
Registered
...shopping
308 Posts
While you are at it, consider putting one of these next to it:

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Multimedia

They make a good pair.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
That is the cover that I have for the the larger ac distributing panel bit it is way to big for just the 30 amp main breaker panel. DIYvan actually 3d prints a face plate that uses the same blue sea 30 amp double breaker ( or 15, 20 amp) and wire the line/load sides of the breaker into an insulated back panel, really nice package. If I would have seen that, I probably would have bought it. The 4027 insulated panel back goes with blue sea 8027 120v ac main distribution panel.
Hein at DIYvan said if I send him the breaker he could 3d print me something that could work but he is very busy and couldn't give me a turnaround time. I thought surely someone has used this breaker and found a solution for the back panel.
Maybe contact Blue Sea?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I purchased a similar Blue Sea breaker panel. They make a couple sizes of back boxes that could be used. But I ended up using a very high quality plastic box that I found on Amazon.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I bought a box for the same circuit breaker from Blue Sea although it does have a slightly different front cover then yours.

·
Registered
603 Posts
designed for applications where you would never need a back panel, but you know what works great? Tupperware!!! not kidding. you could also use plexiglass to glue a box togther. sounds like a pain right? have i mentioned tupperware?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe try using this one which is designed for 5.25 x 3.75 panel, even though yours is 3.75 x 2.63. Mount it horizontally for the 3.75 height. However first cut out a strip from the middle and glue it back together so that it instead of being 5.25 wide it is 2.63. Even easier, can probably can just cut it down the middle, overlap the two pieces to obtain the desired 2.63 width, and then add two extra holes + screws in the flange of the overlapped section when mounting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I purchased a similar Blue Sea breaker panel. They make a couple sizes of back boxes that could be used. But I ended up using a very high quality plastic box that I found on Amazon.

Did you use the blue sea template to cutout a hole in the top of the bought box and mount the blue sea panel in the hole that was cut out?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm doing a system similar to Orton's. I used the template to cut a hole in the lid to mount the Blue Sea breaker panel. I also mounted two rotary switches.
Rectangle Gas Font Electronic device Audio equipment

·
Registered
2021 HR Extended AWD Transit T-250
268 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I have all my electronics in the same spot. I was thinking of building an enclosure similar to that. Looks great. Where are your batteries located?
Thanks, my battery (300ah lithium) is under the van using Hein's under-vehicle battery box. I did this in my Sprinter as well. It frees up space inside and helps to lower the center of gravity a bit.

·
Registered
17 350 XL HD passenger van converted
564 Posts
I dont know. did you try to contact blue sea or some of the marinas that sell their products? Maybe hein at diyvan? what happened to yours?
I didn't buy them as a double throw for some dumb reason so I'm now trying to use them together.

I cobbled something together using a bent piece of strong steel wire and a nylon spacer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts