Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
The way the grille is built, you have to have a way to drop it out of the front header panel and the only way to do it is drop the bumper out of the way. It would be nice if Ford came out with a optional exterior option to get that grille available for ordering on the Transit cargo and passenger vans but it is only offered on the Chassis Cab and Cutaway Transits.

If you decide to add this Honeycomb grille to your Transit, there are 4 different versions with another one having the Chrome trim on the outer portion of the grille as well as having each specific grille different if you have the Front/Rear Split View Camera that has a opening for the front camera that mounts in the grille. So if you decide to order one of these grilles for your Transit, be sure to get the one that would work based on the options you have on the vehicle. I may order one of the Chrome trimmed Honeycomb grilles to see what is looks like but it is EXPENSIVE and if you have the Front/Rear Split View Camera those are REALLY EXPENSIVE grilles to purchase.

If you are replacing the Chrome grille that is on your Transit with the front fog lamps (now that ALL orders with the front fog lamps has this Chrome grille) note that purchasing the Chrome grille from the Ford dealer parts department is more expensive than the Honeycomb grille in the same matching vehicle specifications. So if you have a Transit with front fog lamps AND the Front/Rear Split View Camera, you have to order ANY of the other available front grilles with the SAME specification for the camera.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This may open up a market for selling your takeout Chrome grille to other Transit owners who may want to add it to their Transit if they do not order the front fog lamps but want the Chrome grille instead of the base Black grille. Matt Ford will be stocking the base Honeycomb grille for our customers and anyone who would want to come by and get it from our parts department.

Due to the original box that the grille comes in being a thin box with just a thin foam cover over the grille and it not being very durable for shipping through UPS or FedEx, we will not be shipping it via the dealership. Getting one of these grilles damaged in shipment takes a long time to get compensated by the shipper and they use the 'improper shipping/packaging' excuse for trying to keep from paying for the damage.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
We are stocking BOTH the standard Black BAR trimmed grille as well as the Honeycomb grille in case Matt Ford customers want to get one of these grilles to add to their Transit. The Honeycomb grille only comes on the production Transit Chassis Cab and Cutaway models and the grille can vary based on what options you order on the Transit, basically if you have the Front/Rear Split View Camera option on your vehicle.

There is 2 versions of the Honeycomb grille with the other one having the Chrome trim around the outer edge. Traveling around trying to find one to get a picture of it on a vehicle and so far no luck. The C/C or C/A Transit would have to be ordered with the Exterior Upgrade package and that is not something common on a Ford dealer lot and would usually be found on a Ford Commercial Truck Center. While at Matt Ford, I will make a trip to one of the area Ford Commercial Truck Centers and see if one has shown up to get pictures on it.

·
Registered
2020 AWD 350 reg length medium height dual sliding doors gray
13 Posts
I ordered a basic black honeycomb grill to replace my chrome one. Part LK4Z-17B968-EA cost was $269. It shipped today so hopefully I’ll have it soon. Looks like the swap isn’t too difficult. Can’t imagine the fitment would be different from the cargo model.
Please show photos of new honey comb grill and was it difficult to remove old and install new ?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Please show photos of new honey comb grill and was it difficult to remove old and install new ?
You have to remove the front bumper to install the grille. Cheaper to get the proper tools and DIY as letting the Ford dealer do it may cost you close to $200 or more based on their shop labor rate.

·
Registered
2020 AWD 350 reg length medium height dual sliding doors gray
13 Posts
Installed the new grille today. Confirming it'll fit without any issues for the cargo model. I couldn't find a way to unclip the old one without removing the front bumper. If you have a front plate bracket it's riveted in, so you'll either need to drill those out or I just cut some excess plastic away to allow enough space to unbolt the 2 bolts that hold the bumper on at that location. View attachment 132709
View attachment 132710
Part number on those head lights and was it difficult to change electrically and installation wise thanks Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am sure the Ford Parts Distribution Centers will be stocking up on the Honeycomb grill since it may be one of the features added to the 2020 Transit. With the conversion to the HID Headlamps looking to be just a change in the wiring harness, you may see BOTH of these parts added to the cargo van.
Ed what do you think will happen in my case. I ordered in early Nov. and when I ordered the fog lamps were included because I choose another option that added them at no charge. This shows up on the print out the dealer gave me in Nov. fog lights/NC Inc and it also use to show up the the builder on the Frod website but no longer does. Also I want the black grill I do want any chrome on the van at all. In your opinion what should I expect if I ever gat my van. Thanks

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If your order had the Fog Lamps on the preview order, you will get the Chrome grille as that has been the standard grille for the Transits with that option. It is NOT what was on the Transit drawings for that model but has been the case when the vehicle is delivered. My first customer...Kurt..wanted the Black grille and we tried to send a misbuild for his order to try and get Ford to pay for a Black grille but it is not available for doing this change. Kurt ended up ordering the Honeycomb grille from us and we shipped it to him. If you have been tracking information on this forum, you may have seen the picture of his van with the Honeycomb grille installed. He added the BLACK Ford Oval emblem to it for a continued BLACK look for his Transit with his Magnetic Metallic exterior paint.

Once your Transit arrives, you could order the BLACK standard grille or for a little more money go with the HoneyComb grille. There is nothing we can do to get Ford to replace the grille as I have went up the Ford Corporate ladder and they won't change it. If you want the different look on your van, the Honeycomb grille would be the one I would get and then just resell your Chrome one. It is actually a more expensive grille than the black one if you purchase it via Ford Parts Department. The Honeycomb grille is only installed on the Cutaway and Chassis vans at the plant so it is something seen very little on a Transit vehicle.

If you ordered the Front/Rear Split View Camera on your Transit, be sure to get the correct grille for that option as the grille part number is different. The grille has a opening below the Ford Oval emblem for attaching the front camera for that option. It is a more expensive grille than the one without the open slot and the way the grille is made, you can't modify the solid panel that is on the standard one to attach the camera.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts