Ford Transit USA Forum banner

best place to install an amp

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mobileempire 
#1 ·
anyone install a stereo amp under either front seats? I have a passenger van with the heater under passengers seat

#7 ·
On previous sprinter van, had my large older kicker 4 channel amp under pass seat simply screwed down to a 3/4" plywood scrap cut to fit snug between seats under floor, could do also on my 2019 t 250 base model.
When talking amps , it's like talking tires----- many different sizes. Many newer versions are much smaller now. Always good to have some air space for cooling.
Not sure how 2020 models compare to 2019 back, which have battery under seat, Some amps could fit there, but less room.

#9 ·
Not sure if this is an option for your passenger van but I installed my amp and powered sub in the walls behind the driver's seat. I used the panels from DIYvan (Hein) to install a 4 channel amp and a Alpine Sub.

(I don't remember paying this much for the panels, but maybe I just tried to forget.)

#10 ·
I have the same thing.. 2 batteries under drivers seat and heater under passenger seat.. One option if you keep the first row of the back seats is to mount the upside down under the rear seats. or you can also be creative depending on the Amp size. I'm using left overs from a SQ build (from a different vehicle) and wish not to spend more if I already have stuff laying around ;-).. Mine are huge so to maximize van space they are going vertically on the walls hidden behind a cabinet under the bed storage space.

#11 ·
10 inch sub. 4 channel amp and Jvc DVD head unit all mounted behind passenger seat and Alpine head unit in the dash
Which ever head unit unit I turn on will trigger the amp to turn on , and so front and rear stereos share the subwoofer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.