Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased a 2019 Transit 350 XLT that has a backup camera on a 4.2 inch screen, but with no bluetooth or nav. I'm thinking of getting an after market 7" screen or so with bluetooth, nav, apple/android support, etc.

Is going to Best Buy a reasonable option or would I be better to go to a dedicated car audio/customization shop?

Appreciate your thoughts!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You just need a Metra installation kit I had an Alpine INE-w977hd installed at Bestbuy, alarm system, with Dronemobile, Maestro with Idatalink, Front tweeters, front speakers, amp and sub. Pretty involved and and the tech did a fantastic job. It really depends on the competence of the tech.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i installed an Alpine Halo myself with all parts ordered from crurchfield. don't recommend for a novice.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Go Big! 10" screen or Bigger.
I am still working on getting all functionality, but the basic installation was straight forward. In some ways, it was very easy to install, but my unit had no installation instructions and I had some paranoia about messing up the installation, so I purchased the OEM electrical schematics, and cross referenced all the wires and connectors. For the actual installation, it was as easy as plugging in 3 connectors, cutting back-up camera pins 6 and 12 in the display screen connecter and put on a male RCA jack, then use radio and GPS adapter cables.
Now I have to decide how much effort I want to put in adding additional cameras and wiring in the USB, HDMI and accessory plug features.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts