Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,976 Posts
You might want to calculate the weight before going this route, depending on both how heavy your build is and your combination of wheelbase / body style / roof height. LINE-X weighs around .7 pounds per square foot so it probably wouldn't be that bad, but some builds are cutting it close with a full tank, water topped off, and all seats occupied. Just a thought.
Fwiw I don't think that is an issue to worry about. Back in March I drove to Miami and back in my MR Ecoboost to pick up several thousand pounds of Venetian brick veneer and carefully measured MPG both down and back with cruise control set. Zero difference at least at cruising speeds.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Midwestdrifter on Sprinter forum coated his with blue liner several years ago and has been pleased. He is now making some window changes and it is quite evident the color fades with time. He is contemplating how he will dress the old to match the new.
Got a link? Curious to see how bad the fade was.

That said, while it's a bit of a pain, I doubt it's that big a deal. The Raptor liner for sure, and I'm assuming the others, are tintable so you could just gouge off a chunk of the existing coating, get it color matched, tint the new liner, and gone on about your spraying. Now I have heard complaints about folks spraying pure white and having it yellow over time. Feel like that's a bit more of a kick in the pants.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ah, found the link. Yeah, the old vs the new is a bit more faded and less glossy. Would imagine a wash might help a little.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts