61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD HR T250, Ecoboost, Avalanche Grey
17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I assume that anyone passing me on my blind side is an idiot. I also assume that if they are that impatient, they don't have good impulse control. Too many people in our area carry guns and aren't afraid to use them. Not willing to test the Venn diagram intersection of those groups.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just let them go ahead of me. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I figure that God will get them in the end...

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I assume that anyone passing me on my blind side is an idiot. I also assume that if they are that impatient, they don't have good impulse control. Too many people in our area carry guns and aren't afraid to use them. Not willing to test the Venn diagram intersection of those groups.
yeah, Merikuh is one of those places where self-control and respect for others is viewed as a weakness. I believe it is the ONLY 1st world country where such shoot'em up instincts exist. We're backwards in so many ways.

The only road shootings around here are all targeted gang/drug/crime culture related. I haven't heard of a road-rage shooting in years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Merikuh is one of those places where self-control and respect for others is viewed as a weakness
America has so much diversity - difficult to generalize. Crime rates in cities like Richmond and Oakland are almost an order of magnitude higher than nearby Danville or Orinda. Both areas vote democratic, have identical gun laws. And yet this difference. Hard to say why!

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
America has so much diversity - it's hard to generalize. Crime rates in cities like Richmond and Oakland are almost an order of magnitude higher than nearby Danville or Orinda. Both areas vote democratic, have identical gun laws. And yet this difference. Hard to say why!
Poverty usually leads to crime culture. Even in areas totally inhabited by white-y. Take Eureka for example. And once crime culture takes hold, participants are always trying to out-do each other.
Poverty also leads to despair. Despair leads to drug abuse. None of the people I know out in Danville have a (current) drug problem. Maybe too much coke in college, but not now.

Gun laws have zero effect in one city/county if the city/county right next door doesn't have similar laws. We deal with professional grade fireworks EVERY NIGHT here, yet they are illegal. The people firing them off get them in nearby cities and counties where they are not illegal to purchase.

Reactions: Jacek

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Waze seems to do a better job of rerouting you around back ups.
Good to know, but traffic is not a problem where I've decided to hang out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I knew a truck driver that had inserted a old water hose beside his gear shifter and had it running down the engine well to the bottom of his truck. Whenever he had an aggressive driver behind him, or a tailgater, he would dump a load of BBs down the water hose to pepper the car behind him..

I agree, it aggravates me to see people weaving and speeding all over the road, as I have personally cleaned up human brains and picked up a mans face with a shovel off the highway after his cranium was de-gloved and smashed when I was a fire fighter. I have seen many other things via car crashes that would make most people vomit.

I don't care what people do, I am going to ride in the slow lane at my speed, they can do whatever they want, I am saving fuel and protecting myself. You cant fix stupid, but Darwin will

·
Registered
2016, MR, 130"
435 Posts
I knew a truck driver that had inserted a old water hose beside his gear shifter and had it running down the engine well to the bottom of his truck. Whenever he had an aggressive driver behind him, or a tailgater, he would dump a load of BBs down the water hose to pepper the car behind him..

I agree, it aggravates me to see people weaving and speeding all over the road, as I have personally cleaned up human brains and picked up a mans face with a shovel off the highway after his cranium was de-gloved and smashed when I was a fire fighter. I have seen many other things via car crashes that would make most people vomit.

I don't care what people do, I am going to ride in the slow lane at my speed, they can do whatever they want, I am saving fuel and protecting myself. You cant fix stupid, but Darwin will
Retired FF here and I have seen some ugly too. But man, you got me beat with the face de-glove/shovel! o_O A few years scraping up road pizza does change they way you drive, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My son is CHP in LA, has seen too many fatalities due to self appointed left lane hogs causing road rage. Sometimes there is a justified reason someone needs to get around others and advises to let his Officers take action if needed not other drivers.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2020 148" medium roof crew, 3.5L PFDI, 10 spd, 3.73
95 Posts
Lemme preface this by saying, I'm not one for road rage or aggressive driving.
That said, isn't it fun to surprise people with the twin turbos when they don't want to be "stuck" behind you on the interstate?
I find myself in the fast lane frequently, behind other traffic, just minding my business and going with the flow and there is always that joker that thinks I'm impeding the flow or just doesn't want to be behind a big 'ol van. They try to swing around me via the slow lane and I actually have the power to keep them from overtaking me.
My thought is, I'm not holding you up and you don't NEED to be in front of me, so you can wait behind me. 😈😈😈
Tell me i'm not alone with this.
I get the point about trying to keep a safe distance while matching the speed of the car in front of you and someone tries to cut you off just so they can shave 1/10 second off their commute... My favorite is being in heavy traffic where all lanes are going the same speed and some jerk glues himself to my back bumper. I'm sure his intent is for me to move over so he can pass but there is no place for me to go..... My new tactic is to put on my right signal (knowing no one will let me cut in) and slow down 5 or 10 mph. He is now stuck on my bumper while the cars in the right lane pass him .. but, being honest, I prefer the middle lane if there is one or even the right lane, if there isn't a lot of on-ramps, as I find it less stressful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lemme preface this by saying, I'm not one for road rage or aggressive driving.
That said, isn't it fun to surprise people with the twin turbos when they don't want to be "stuck" behind you on the interstate?
I find myself in the fast lane frequently, behind other traffic, just minding my business and going with the flow and there is always that joker that thinks I'm impeding the flow or just doesn't want to be behind a big 'ol van. They try to swing around me via the slow lane and I actually have the power to keep them from overtaking me.
My thought is, I'm not holding you up and you don't NEED to be in front of me, so you can wait behind me. 😈😈😈
Tell me i'm not alone with this.
Very uncool. Most people (including me) don't like being behind a van because vans block your view of the road up ahead which puts them in danger. Frankly I hope I don't meet up with you on the road. Let them pass and everyone can drive safe.

·
Registered
2020 T350, High Top, AWD, 148", 3.5 eco, 3.73
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Very uncool. Most people (including me) don't like being behind a van because vans block your view of the road up ahead which puts them in danger. Frankly I hope I don't meet up with you on the road. Let them pass and everyone can drive safe.
You can wait in line like the rest of the people in front of you. You dont deserve my spot just because you don't want to look at my rear or you can't see around me. Wait your turn and stop crying. There are others in front of me and I don't need every Tom, Dick and Harriet jumping in front of me.✌

·
Registered
654 Posts
Should this thread be retitled True Transit Driving Confessions ?

I admitted my passive-aggressive actions with cling-ons; qapla!
I can see where the ecoboost would be a handy tool to deal with corner-creepers (they drive way below the speed limit on corners and no-passing zones, but floor it when straight stretches or passing lanes appear; black smoke pouring out of their tailpipe, front end lifting, then go back to 40mph when you can't pass)
During the past 2 weekends, I drove about 1200 miles in the van. 600 miles on 2-lane mostly 70mph roads. Your expression "corner creepers" is all I could think about while being stuck mile after mile behind drivers that go 70 in the straights, but at the slightest turn in the road, slow down 5 to 10 mph. I like to keep the cruise control set a 73, and for the majority of the corners I encounter, can cruise right around the corners without issue. (Corners with the 45 or 55 big warning signs and arrows spaced out every 50 ft can be a challenge at higher speeds)

About 80% of drivers "corner creep". I don't know if they believe it is a passenger comfort thing, or they are just lame drivers. These cars become irritated with me because I leave the cruise control on, so I come flying up to them on the corners, then they over react and speed up to 75 on the straights to get a gap again, then slow down way too much on the next corner. My only option is to pass in order to retain my sanity.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Oh yeah! I drive via cruise control as much as possible. (Because of the horrible accelerator versus seat position - that was another thread) How many of you have been cruising on cruise control, then have to brake for some reason, and then forget the speed it was set at and resume it just before a sharper corner. Oops! Always in interesting scenario to go into a sharper corner having the van accelerating on its own, feeling the van start to list a bit more than usual, until one hits the brake again.

·
Super Moderator
3,815 Posts
... You dont deserve my spot just because you don't want to look at my rear ...
Full disclosure here, I for one do NOT want to look at your rear, lol 😲

61 - 80 of 86 Posts