Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

Registered
2020 T350, High Top, AWD, 148", 3.5 eco, 3.73
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemme preface this by saying, I'm not one for road rage or aggressive driving.
That said, isn't it fun to surprise people with the twin turbos when they don't want to be "stuck" behind you on the interstate?
I find myself in the fast lane frequently, behind other traffic, just minding my business and going with the flow and there is always that joker that thinks I'm impeding the flow or just doesn't want to be behind a big 'ol van. They try to swing around me via the slow lane and I actually have the power to keep them from overtaking me.
My thought is, I'm not holding you up and you don't NEED to be in front of me, so you can wait behind me. 馃槇馃槇馃槇
Tell me i'm not alone with this.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty dick move. Good way to get run off the road.
Did you read the post? What gives them the right to weave in and out of traffic because they don't want to wait behind anyone? I see this all the time when it's rush hour and the traffic is thick but steady. I have my spot behind this car, I don't HAVE to give it to you.
Anyway, loving the power, especially from a full sized van.

Registered
Is it legal to drive aggressively to block someone out who wants to overtake? Seems like an unsafe practice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to your scenario...

1. You are in the fast lane (because they overtake in the slow lane)
2. There is space in front of you (since you can speed up)

So you're camping in the fast lane, and actively stopping people from getting around you.
No. The traffic is slow and steady but thick. I have 1 to 1.5 car lengths in front of me and the person behind me gets impatient and swings around with the intention of cutting me off because they're tired of looking at my big ingot silver a$$.
Seems like no one wants to be behind the big girl.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it legal to drive aggressively to block someone out who wants to overtake? Seems like an unsafe practice.
Is it legal to speed? Seems like an unsafe practice. But most everyone does it.

Registered
Rather childish viewpoint. In most States the left (fast) lane is designated as a passing lane and require you to move over.. Not a I'm doing the speed limit so I ain't moving over lane.

Semper Fi

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can see most everyone would rather debate than answer the question so good for you. Everyone is an A+ driver and ONLY uses the left lane for passing. Not me. Especially if i'm in a state that allows the use of all lanes and the traffic is evenly dispersed between the lanes.
Let me just clarify, i'm not "camping out" in the left lane, i'm actively maintaining speed with everyone else in my lane.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rather childish viewpoint. In most States the left (fast) lane is designated as a passing lane and require you to move over.. Not a I'm doing the speed limit so I ain't moving over lane.

Semper Fi
Regardless of your stance on the subject,
Thank you for your service to this country!

Registered
I can see most everyone would rather debate than answer the question so good for you. Everyone is an A+ driver and ONLY uses the left lane for passing. Not me. Especially if i'm in a state that allows the use of all lanes and the traffic is evenly dispersed between the lanes.
Let me just clarify, i'm not "camping out" in the left lane, i'm actively maintaining speed with everyone else in my lane.
But the laws in many states are clear. Colorado鈥檚 left-lane law states: 鈥淎 person shall not drive a motor vehicle in the passing lane of a highway if the speed-limit is 65 miles per hour or more unless such person is passing other motor-vehicles that are in a non-passing lane.鈥

Semper Fi

Registered

Registered
2019 250 148 mr
No. The traffic is slow and steady but thick. I have 1 to 1.5 car lengths in front of me and the person behind me gets impatient and swings around with the intention of cutting me off because they're tired of looking at my big ingot silver a$$.
Seems like no one wants to be behind the big girl.
I totally get it. There is some primal thing going on that requires impatient, immature people to always be in "me first" mode. Even in heavy traffic, where no one is really going to gain any ground, they engage in silly and potentially dangerous maneuvers to get one car ahead. And the big van just triggers this emotional response. If they had any ability to use logic, or perhaps just pay attention, they would realize it's pointless. I've had people pass me on my motorcycle in my lane because I left 3 car lengths and they clearly considered saving that fraction of a second was worth being a dick and endangering others.

But I generally just go slow and stay in the right lane and stay away from the majority of the impatient.

My dad, a pro racer, taught me many years ago that driving fast wasnt the problem if it's done in the right time and place. It's being in a hurry that causes mistakes and crashes.

I get my kicks racing motorcycles on the track. When I'm on the road, I'm generally a let the knuckleheads pass kinda guy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's all i'm really trying to say.
Thank you.

Registered
Yeah, people should not pass on the Right. And people should not drive in the Left lane if there is no one in the Right lane.

Moot case.

Stay Right, Pass Left.
Unless it's a 4-7 lane monstrosity like around where I live, then everything is tossed out; people going 100 in the slow lane others weaving between lanes as if that will actually get them where they're going faster, no turn signals, tailgating, using the merge lane to pass, etc. Frankly, they should just stop painting lanes on the freeway because few people abide by them.

Reactions: Stokeloafvan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, people should not pass on the Right. And people should not drive in the Left lane if there is no one in the Right lane.

Moot case.

Stay Right, Pass Left.
Unless it's a 4-7 lane monstrosity like around where I live, then everything is tossed out; people going 100 in the slow lane others weaving between lanes as if that will actually get them where they're going faster, no turn signals, tailgating, using the merge lane to pass, etc. Frankly, they should just stop painting lanes on the freeway because few people abide by them.
4-7 lanes!? What state are you in???? Never seen 7 lanes, maybe in L.A..

1 - 20 of 86 Posts