Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I asked the forum for suggestions on where to purchase Victron equipment from and a couple members recommended Bay Marine Supply.

Since the prices are pretty much fixed, and a complete system of Victron equipment is very expensive, I didn't want to order from Amazon, and instead wanted to order from a dealer that had good customer service incase something happened.

I put in several orders over a few months as I specd out what I needed, and after this last order, out of the blue, I got a call from Bay Marine Supply. They wanted to double check my order because I ordered a non blue tooth product that comes in either smart (blue tooth capable) and non blue tooth and they noticed all my previous products I ordered were of the blue tooth capable variety.

Sure enough, I messed up and ordered the wrong product.

Someone at Bay Marine Supply is paying attention, went the extra mile and that isn't easy to find today.

·
Registered
642 Posts
That's nice that they reviewed your order.

I'm less stoked about how heavily they markup some critical items (i.e. fuses).

Yes, there are costs to doing business on Amazon, but enough to markup an item 150% (more when you consider the other seller isn't selling at wholesale either)? Capitalism tho.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure if he is still there, but I worked with Justin Cook at Bay Marine Supply about 1.5 years ago regarding charging options for my LiFePO4 batteries. He was super knowledgeable, responsive and very helpful. Thanks Justin!

Reactions: 4fastman

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Bay Marine has answered questions on our forum in the past.

·
Registered
2021-350 Eco Boost ,Tall Ext, AWD
12 Posts
Since the prices are pretty much fixed, and a complete system of Victron equipment is very expensive, I didn't want to order from Amazon, and instead wanted to order from a dealer that had good customer service incase something happened.
Bought most of the system for my last van (2014 Sprinter, 2015 build) from Bay Marine. Mostly Magnum Energy, Sterling, Blue Sea. They are very knowledgeable and all purchases/shipments were trouble free. If I remember correctly I paid suggested retail for everything I ordered from them.

For my current project I went with Victron from Battleborn/Dragonfly. I emailed my order to them for a quote and was pleased to see a decent discount on some of the more expensive items. Doesn’t cost anything to get a quote.

·
Registered
2017, cargo, 130inch, mr, dbl sliders, 3.2 dsl, 3.31 rear end, used 13.5k mi.
215 Posts
Kudos on Bay Marine! My spouse has been impressed with every aspect of their service and after having received some merch from Amazon that was defective, I find myself waiting for months to get the order corrected. That Jeff Bozos, he never calls, he never writes; just grabs the money and runs whilst avoiding paying a fair percentage in taxes on his income like we all do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts