Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2015 ford transit connect that is converted for a wheelchair. The driver seat is a handicap seat. We are trying to figure out where they relocated the battery. Battery is completely dead and want to replace. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The Admin said we need to stop chasing the Transit Connect owners off of this forum, Either help them or ignore them.
Edit; My previous response was incorrect. My apologies to ranxerox.

Admin did not say to help or ignore them.

What Admin said was;

"Thank you. At this time the section for Connect owners will remain.

- Cricket"

Some of us actually want to help TC owners by letting them know of a Forum that is exclusively for their type of vehicle. Where they may get more and better answers to their questions from owners that actually have the same type vehicle.

Semper Fi

Neil1102, here is the link for TC questions that don't get answered here. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What Admin said was;

- Cricket"

Some of us actually want to help TC owners by letting them know of a Forum that is exclusively for their type of vehicle. Where they may get more and better answers to their questions from owners that actually have the same type vehicle.

Semper Fi

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

What Admin said was;

- Cricket"

Semper Fi

You are splitting hairs.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I understand that there are those on this forum that feel we should ignore the TC owners questions if we can't answer them, but ts, I'm not one of them. If I can help someone get an answer to their question rather than letting them flounder around this site hoping for a reply. I'm going to help them. That's the way I was raised. Maybe those that don't want to help others should ignore posts that are trying to help others.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
You are not helping them by sending them to another forum. Answer their question if you can and if you can not, Say nothing (Ignore them) and let someone else try to help them. And if no one else helps them thats pretty much the nature of the beast, They move on and find there answers where they can.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I understand that there are those on this forum that feel we should ignore the TC owners questions if we can't answer them, but ts, I'm not one of them. If I can help someone get an answer to their question rather than letting them flounder around this site hoping for a reply. I'm going to help them.

Semper Fi
The only help you have ever given them is telling them that they are on the wrong forum. How is this the wrong forum for Transit Connect owners when Transit Connect owners were on this forum 2 years before the first Ford Transit was sold in the United States?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
And you never thought of pointing them to the Transit Connect section of this forum? His question is answered there.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You are not helping them by sending them to another forum. Answer their question if you can and if you can not, Say nothing (Ignore them) and let someone else try to help them. And if no one else helps them thats pretty much the nature of the beast, They move on and find there answers where they can.
So sad that there are people with your mentality, not willing to try and help others when they can. Even sadder that you feel that suppling them with a link to a forum of people who have the same type of vehicle as they do and might actually be able to answer their questions, is wrong.
Maybe you can take your own advice and ignore posts of others trying to help TC owners find answers.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
And you never thought of pointing them to the Transit Connect section of this forum? His question is answered there.

Let's think about that for a moment. If we could only figure out where there are the most TC owners ? On a section of a forum that is overwhelmingly owners of a full size Transit or on a Forum that is made up of only one type of vehicle, the TC's ? 🖐🖐

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The only help you have ever given them is telling them that they are on the wrong forum. How is this the wrong forum for Transit Connect owners when Transit Connect owners were on this forum 2 years before the first Ford Transit was sold in the United States?

OK, I'm confused. When you try and help it is OK, when someone else does the same, they are in the wrong ? o_O

Ebay, You can find anything on Ebay.

You probably will not get much help here, Try: https://fordtransitconnectforum.com/

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

GapRunr,
Don't see his answer there or here. You have already made it clear ou want TC owners to post here for revenue reasons, not for actually getting help.
Here was his question.

We bought a 2015 ford transit connect that is converted for a wheelchair. The driver seat is a handicap seat. We are trying to figure out where they relocated the battery. Battery is completely dead and want to replace. Thank you.
Providing a video of where the battery is originally located in a different year model than his, isn't answering his question or helping him.

If it was a full size Transit, some of us could give him an educated guess of where it might have been relocated, based on ours and others reports on their builds, since all of ours start out under the front seat. But the TC has them under the hood. So letting him know there is a location that is actually familiar with his type of vehicle and might be able to help him more than this one seems to be a better answer than yours.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
GapRunr,
Don't see his answer there or here. You have already made it clear ou want TC owners to post here for revenue reasons, not for actually getting help.
Well done. You have twisted my words and meaning with the skill of a politician. It's not for revenue reasons, it is for reasons of ensuring that this forum stays here which requires ad revenue and a popular user base. I am all for helping people, which is why I would have primarily redirected the poster to a section of this forum where they discuss the Transit Connect.

Providing a video of where the battery is originally located in a different year model than his, isn't answering his question or helping him.
The person who provided that video (not me) did the best they could, given that Neil didn't indicate what year of Transit he had.

If it was a full size Transit, some of us could give him an educated guess of where it might have been relocated, based on ours and others reports on their builds, since all of ours start out under the front seat. But the TC has them under the hood. So letting him know there is a location that is actually familiar with his type of vehicle and might be able to help him more than this one seems to be a better answer than yours.
Again, I am not the one who posted the video but I applaud whoever did as a ways of helping the best they could, without knowing what year of Transit Connect the person had. At least they tried. And directing him to the Transit Connect section of this forum would have also given him "a location that is actually familiar with his type of vehicle and might be able to help him "

The Transit Connect has been around longer than the Transit T-Series and when this forum was first started it had actual production Transit Connects being discussed long before the first Transit T-series was ever built. Once the full size Transit was released they outsold the Transit Connect and therefore grew faster on this forum.

Why do you feel the need to kick them out when they were here first? If you want to be helpful, I get that. I would have provided them with links to the Transit Connect section of this forum and probably the link to the other Transit Connect forum as well but not just the TC forum.

I'm not sure if it's the way you write or the words you use but the tone of your messages, which is unfortunately lost in text versus speech, reads like you are unwelcoming. I'm not accusing you of being unwelcoming, I'm telling you that your writing style and the words you use certainly convey that impression, and not just to me. You have a lot of anger in your writing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts