Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Ken from OurKaravan has a beautiful, very well designed bamboo interior.

Back in 2019 (pre-COVID!!!) when we were optimistic that we would receive a 2020 van, I had placed an order for bamboo from Cali Bamboo. I worked with a salesman named Ryan, and he was excellent. After two years of Ford delays, he finally agreed to give us a FULL refund of our deposit, which was pretty astonishing. I definitely plan to source bamboo from him if we ever get a van. We're currently waiting on our 4th van order.

FWIW, the samples that I received from Cali Bamboo were a perfect match to the samples from Adventure Wagon.

· Registered
392 Posts
I found that the bamboo ply was much more susceptible to drying out and bowing with extreme temperature changes when compared to 1/2" or even 1/4" Baltic birch. We're in the mountains so we can have a 30 degree night and a 70 degree day quite often.
Ack! We plan to use our van in the exact same conditions with the exact same temperature swings. Would you mind elaborating? This is the first time that I've heard someone with firsthand experience mention these issues. Would it be better to not seal the bamboo at all? Where did you source your bamboo?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts