Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input from those who have awnings installed on the side of the van (as opposed to the roof). We have a Fiamma F45s on our high roof van and it functions well. However, there is a longitudinal gap between the van body and awning housing. During a recent visit to the rainy Oregon coast we experienced some dripping of water thru that gap during some fairly steady rains. Kind of a pain when the sliding door is open as water drips onto the counter and step area.

Fiamma does make a rubber seal or gasket that can be installed to mitigate this condition. I don't want to create another problem by installing the seal like water not draining, etc.

Wondering if anyone has sealed the gap or do you just leave it open and deal with the water. Thanks in advance for your input based on your experiences.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used the Fiamma Rubber seal. The front third of it ripped off after the first few hours of 70mph on the interstate. The back 2/3 works great though! I'll be watching to see if you find a better solution.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know that a couple of folks on this forum have addressed this issue with some success. Just can't remember which thread. Hopefully they will weigh in on this.
I'd also like to hear from anyone that has experience with the new Flatline roof rack with Fiamma mounted on the side of the rack. It looks like this awning setup would avoid that gap. Low Pro Roof Rack - Transit 148

1 - 3 of 3 Posts