Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Ford Transit is not unique in this issue. Most modern electronic AWD systems with traction control can freak out when the computer can't figure out what to do. Worst I've had was Toyota. Best has been Audi. All depends on the model and configuration. We all wish that the nanny systems didn't go this far but they do and we have to recognize they are not off-road cars so they have limitations. You just have to be smarter than the computer when it comes to certain stucks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just about every European Ford that comes to the US gets downgraded. Their customers here are different. They want huge cupholders, smartphone integration, more paint colors and bigger tires so they can bump into curbs. We get crappy headlights, no diesels, more nanny systems, and no manual transmissions. Welcome to 'merica and don't forget to blame the federal government for all the problems.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That is the spirit. Testing the limits on a vehicle when new is my favorite. I already got my van slightly sideways in the snow to see what it would do. Same with slippy ice on a downhill. They aren't infants they are machines. Btw...hope the braaappp was good. I haven't ridden the moto in a few months now. Miss it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts