Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I read that Quigley has committed to making an upfit for the Transit. This isn't as nice as factory 4WD, but it is better than nothing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
^ it's a good overview, better than most of the info out their at the moment which is limited. Thanks for posting it.

Full Size Transit News
2014 Transit to Replace E-Series

Rest assured Quigley Motor Company does have plans to make a 4x4 full size Transit. If we can engineer it in an affordable manner then we shall offer a 4x4 Transit. The Transit is still a year away from Ford's production so we are hoping to have available our 4x4 system within 6 months of Ford's release. We will keep you updated in the months to come. Please monitor our News and Events section.

Henry Ford Said It, We Believe It!
As true today as 100 years ago.

To paraphrase Mr. Ford " We will build a car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family, but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed of the best materials, by the best men hired, after the simplest designs modern engineering can devise. But it will be moderate in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one and enjoy with his family the blessings of hours of pleasure in God's great open spaces."

Your Ford Quadra Version 4x4 Van

Quigley Motor Company has been building Ford Econoline 4x4 since 1974. We offer a complete line of 4x4's on all Ford Econoline chassis from vans to cutaways.

Quigley Motor Company is the only company that has qualified for Ford's Special Vehicle Engineering (SVE) program, formerly Modified Vehicle Engineering (MVE) program for 4x4 systems on E-Series vans and Cutaways. This exclusive program gives QMCI the ability to ship units to dealers in all 50 states. It also ensures that you retain your factory warranty on the unaltered portion of your vehicle (i.e. engine, transmission, rear end, etc.)

Limitations to your Ford 4x4 Van

Due to weight restraints certain limitations apply. These include the following:

E-31 12 Passenger Club Wagons must be ordered with the 5.4L gas engine due to the weight limitations of the chassis. Contact Quigley Motor Company's Sales Department for more details.

S-31 15 Passenger Club Wagons can not be converted due to the weight limitations of the chassis. The S-31 Club Wagon must be ordered as an 11 passenger Club Wagon direct from the factory, order codes #214 or #21H. Contact Quigley Motor Company's Sales Department for more details. Note: trailer towing package, option code #586, not recommend with S-31 extended Club Wagon.

Ford 4x4 Product Pricing Link

Greater Stability Try Our Dual-Rear-Wheel (DRW) Conversion
For those who require a full size van, but are also in need of greater stability, Quigley Motor Company offers a quality approved dual rear wheel (DRW) conversion. This is ideal for top heavy vehicles; such as Communication or Utility vans that have boom lifts or telescoping antennae. Use the following link for Quigley Ford DRW Product Information & Pricing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think alot of people say they want AWD but it seems like RWDs seem to sell more when they do offer AWD as an option in this segment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Point

I think alot of people say they want AWD but it seems like RWDs seem to sell more when they do offer AWD as an option in this segment.
One thing for sure is that it is costly and in most cases only gets used rarely if at all...but we still yearn for it. My Chevy Tahoe 4WD servo motor has now been out for 5 years and since it really hasn't snowed since then I haven't had it fixed. We'll it snowed this week and with my wife's AWD Explorer I made it on to work. How nice it was to touch the button on the dash and "press on" as they say. Sure I give up a couple of mpgs but given the option of having to stay put for days at a time in the north country its a small price to pay. Then again had I not opted for 4WD all my life I could probably already be retired now and on the road with the money I saved.

Thanks for the Quigley post.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was going to say that a lot of people don't really feel that they need the 4WD, but it doesn't mean that Ford shouldn't offer it to the people who do want it. They have so many options with the Ford Transit as it is, what is just one more (and a big one at that?)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm a big fan of the auto AWD system, front two click in when they feel the back trying to walk away...

·
Registered
640 Posts
I agree also, I wanted a 2 door hatchback Fiesta or Focus, but Ford detemined that they can NOT sell enough of them to jutify in the USA (only 4 door hatchs in USA). Same is true of the AWD/4WD FULL size Transit. Europe gets a Transit custom (smaller) with the 4wd option.
The Quig. conversion is your only option for now . AWD/4wd Van guys or buyers this is the most accurate info here, so far.
I am buying a RWD, but I would love to see someone "photoshop" a Transit cargo on a Raptor.

VanMan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree also, I wanted a 2 door hatchback Fiesta or Focus, but Ford detemined that they can NOT sell enough of them to jutify in the USA (only 4 door hatchs in USA). Same is true of the AWD/4WD FULL size Transit. Europe gets a Transit custom (smaller) with the 4wd option.
The Quig. conversion is your only option for now . AWD/4wd Van guys or buyers this is the most accurate info here, so far.
I am buying a RWD, but I would love to see someone "photoshop" a Transit cargo on a Raptor.

VanMan
The Quigley is not your only option unless you are adamant about buying a Ford. GM has been selling AWD 1/2 ton Savana/Express vans for years. Quigley is continuing to convert the 1 ton GM models in return for $12,000. Quigley converts Nissan vans as well. On the heavy van front, Mercedes has committed to selling a 4x4 version of the Sprinter in 2015.

If Quigley's past history is anything to go by, they will offer a truly off-road capable van unlike the factory GM or upcoming Sprinter vans. They will also incorporate enough Quigley-specific parts to make any repair shop curse when they see you pull into the parking lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If Quigley's past history is anything to go by, they will offer a truly off-road capable van unlike the factory GM or upcoming Sprinter vans. They will also incorporate enough Quigley-specific parts to make any repair shop curse when they see you pull into the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

Quigley-specific parts are few.
Not like driving a Sprinter into a Ford or GM or any repair shop.

4x4 Vans : Quigley Motor Company, Inc. > Technical Center > Ford Products > Ford 4x4 Components

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yes I agree with you all, just a comment refering to the US version we will be able to buy.
Put all the AWD/4wd VAN stuff in this thread, and it will be in one spot.

VanMan

·
Registered
216 Posts
Once or twice every couple of years the voices in my head say. You need AWD, then the wallet says your too cheap. The wallet wins. Todd
i'm the same way.. dont worry

you say you want awd

but after you price it out. you always change your mind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts