Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
@Brianmcgaha, as you have been inspecting your new 2020 EB engine, have you noticed that it does or does not have port fuel injectors in addition to the direct injectors? It would be really nice to have a definitive answer on this issue. We have a 2020 EB on the way, and I'm really hoping that it has the additional injectors so that we don't need to worry (as much) about the carbon deposits on the intake valves. Thanks!
I would not know how to find them in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would not know how to find them in the engine compartment.
I'm not yet familiar with the engine as our van hasn't arrived yet. However, I can describe the general location. On a V6 engine like the EB, the intake is on the top of the engine inside the V, and the exhaust is on the side of the engine outside the V. The direct injectors will most likely be near the spark plugs so that they can have direct access to the cylinder. The port injectors will be located on the intake manifold (inside the V) very close to the head of the engine. They will have access to the air flowing into the head but not to the cylinder itself. All of the injectors will have a fuel supply line (usually rigid pipe) and an electrical connection to the ECU. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most of us will rarely ever use max ho? How many of of use get to run the motors down the higheaycat 5,000 rpm? Like 120 mph? Whats more important are the torque and power curves. Midrange and low end torque are much more useful abd where we are normally driving . Except on a racetrack.
Lots of truth here. I tow, so am definitely a torque guy. I also keep vehicles more than awhile, so tend to avoid extended high rpm operation.

I'd LOVE to see the two engine's torque and hp curves overlaid on each other.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm not yet familiar with the engine as our van hasn't arrived yet. However, I can describe the general location. On a V6 engine like the EB, the intake is on the top of the engine inside the V, and the exhaust is on the side of the engine outside the V. The direct injectors will most likely be near the spark plugs so that they can have direct access to the cylinder. The port injectors will be located on the intake manifold (inside the V) very close to the head of the engine. They will have access to the air flowing into the head but not to the cylinder itself. All of the injectors will have a fuel supply line (usually rigid pipe) and an electrical connection to the ECU. Thanks!
Does this help?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts