Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I too have been looking all over for one too Vanaroo and found one on a lot a few months ago. Called they had it, got there after several miles drive and they said oh sorry, it was sold an hour ago.
Too funny (aggravating) as nearly the same thing happened to me. Never found an Avalanche within striking distance, but I did see that a dealer about 100 miles away had a used truck in Abyss Gray. I called Saturday, about half hour before they closed, and asked if it would be okay to come look at it the next day (Sunday, when they were closed) just to see the color. He said sure, it's right here outside on the lot, so you can park outside the little chain, walk in, and have a look.

Next day (Sunday, they weren't open) I drove up there and sure enough it was no problem to walk through the lot and look the used vehicles over. But.... the Abyss Gray truck wasn't there 😢

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. Picked up my avalanche grey, adventure prep AWD 148 HR Crew yesterday! In love - what a vehicle! I purchased from Evergreen Ford in Issaquah and have nothing but positive things to say about the experience working with Chris Reade over the past 8 months. He went out of his way to make sure my '22 order was in the minute the order banks opened last September.

Anyway, figured I'd start a very slow build thread. I have some parental leave coming up so will try and use it to turn this into a fun weekender build mostly for mountain biking and family weekend trips around the PNW and up into Canada.

Tiny bit about me: just moved to Seattle after 15 years in San Francisco. Mostly the motivation was as you'd expect - access to incredible nature and mountain biking. We spend quite a bit of time on Orcas Island as well so wanted to be closer to it, plus with an 8 month old son (our first) we really just wanted to move to a more kid friendly city to raise him. The van is so exciting for us as it'll help unlock so much of the gorgeous PNW and help us discover all the amazing mountain biking all over.

Van goals: mostly to keep it simple. Striving to do roof/fan + floors + walls + an 80/20 raised bed over a bike garage as fast as I can to really start using it. Eventually will want to add in a fridge and hot water shower in the rear, but that's probably the extent of it. I'm handy but inexperienced, so excited for learning how to turn this into a reality.

View attachment 171539
View attachment 171538
Beautiful

·
Registered
13 Posts
Too funny (aggravating) as nearly the same thing happened to me. Never found an Avalanche within striking distance, but I did see that a dealer about 100 miles away had a used truck in Abyss Gray. I called Saturday, about half hour before they closed, and asked if it would be okay to come look at it the next day (Sunday, when they were closed) just to see the color. He said sure, it's right here outside on the lot, so you can park outside the little chain, walk in, and have a look.

Next day (Sunday, they weren't open) I drove up there and sure enough it was no problem to walk through the lot and look the used vehicles over. But.... the Abyss Gray truck wasn't there 😢
OMG same with me with a pickup in Abyss Gray. Went and it was gone. Weird same experience. Lot was closed and they said it was there walk through the chained entrance. Wonder if it was the same lot. The dealership I went to was Paul Miller Ford. Was it the same?

·
Registered
893 Posts
The van is so exciting for us as it'll help unlock so much of the gorgeous PNW and help us discover all the amazing mountain biking all over....
Eventually will want to add in a fridge...
I'm most definitely biased (I even have a fridge in my car now 🙃 ), but I'd say grab a chest fridge and start using it in the van right away - even just plugged in to the Ford 12 volt outlets while you are driving. Again, biased, but there's nothing like coming back from a hike or ride to cold beverages and some decent food in the fridge. If you run it a bit cold and perhaps have some water jugs in the bottom (which will almost freeze), I imagine it would hold over while you are parked, especially in the PNW.

Of course this can be done with a regular cooler too, so pardon me for spending your money for you already 😄

@BigDog No, it was not Paul Miller, but clearly there is a conspiracy afoot! Hide the grays!

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
3,277 Posts
... there's nothing like coming back from a hike or ride to cold beverages and some decent food in the fridge...
Gotta add the espresso machine for /before/ the hike or ride. 😁 :coffee:

Stairs Gas Electrical wiring Machine Office equipment

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
578 Posts

The Avalanche Grey takes on different shades depending on sun/clouds. Often it appears almost white. Once I put in a white maxx air the contast made the grey pop.
I've seen mustangs in avalanche grey with white stripes for contrast.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The Avalanche Grey takes on different shades depending on sun/clouds. Often it appears almost white.
In a way hearing a description from someone who sees it every day is better than a static photo (especially because I think this color affects the white balance on many cameras). Whenever I see a photo of the Avalanche, I get the feeling that it might not really look like that...

So thanks!

I've finally decided then: I want Avalanche Gray when it's cloudy, dark, or shady and it looks definitively grey; and Abyss Gray when it's sunny (when it looks really cool and light colored, but would, ironically, be hotter) 🙃

21 - 28 of 28 Posts