Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wish I could say I had a great experience with my online order of a partition from this company (CommercialVanEquipment.ca). Unfortunately it's been quite the opposite.

December 9: Placed online order for partition with opening. Credit card was charged immediately for the full amount. I received an automatic emailed order confirmation at the same time.

December 15: Used web contact form to request order status. I hadn't received anything after the initial confirmation email. NO RESPONSE TO THIS.

December ??: I don't have a record of when I called and how many times, but I distinctly remember calling the first time and being told I'd get a call back from "shipping" with a status update. A day or two later I called again and was told it would be looked into. I had very explicitly asked for a tracking number, whether it had actually shipped yet, and threatened to have the credit card charges reversed if I didn't start getting some answers. After that the email trail started as below.

December 20: Email thread begins...

[BRENT]
"My apologies on the delay with this order, you should receive the order on December 27. Christmas is really having a negative affect on shipping times unfortunately.
We are closed that week, however I will be monitoring emails so if you have any further issues please email me at [email protected]"

[ME - and take into consideration I'm already very annoyed at this point, so my emotions probably show in my responses]
"What kind of game are you trying to play with me? I explicitly asked for a tracking number. Did you even ship it yet?"

[BRENT]
"I don’t deal with the shipping or ordering I just ask for an update. I will once again ask for a tracking number and send it on to you.
It better have shipped. I am trying to get you answers and I am not playing games, I appreciate your understanding."

also

"I skipped the shipping department and called the mfg direct. This is what I was told – sorry for the delay, it is guaranteed to ship tomorrow.
I will keep you updated."

[ME]
"I am not the least bit impressed. It was ordered on the 9th and after getting ignored by you multiple times it's being drop shipped the day before the week of Christmas? Ridiculous. I will be sure to tell everyone I can about this very frustrating experience."

December 21:

[BRENT]
"Sorry <my name>. What would you like me to do?"

December 27:

[ME]
"I continue to be disappointed, Brent. Nothing showed up today, as you promised.

What would I like you to do? Your job: Customer Care. You don't seem to give a ****, and if you do you don't appear to have any authority to do anything about it.

If I isn't delivered by Jan 4 I'll have the charges reversed and will refuse any shipment if it ever shows up."

January 2:

[BRENT]
"Good morning <my name>,
Did you receive the shipment?"

[ME]
"No"

and a little while later

"I was just informed that this shipment was delivered to a neighbouring business in the same building. I checked and my original order did contain the UNIT NUMBER but this was omitted on the packing slip that came with the shipment. Not only did this take way longer than it should have, but it would appear that human error made it even more complicated than it needed to be.

Thank you for your incompetence. I remain completely disappointed with your service and will take every opportunity I get to help prevent others from making the same mistake I did when choosing to deal with your company."

[BRENT]
"<my name> please see below link. It says it was delivered, did someone else receive it?

<FedEx tracking link>"

Note: I did not reply to this, as he clearly didn't read or maybe didn't understand my previous email. I had my partition and I had enough of dealing with this person/company.

January 3:

[BRENT]

<EXACT repeat of previous email>

[ME]

"Read my previous email. I picked it up from the neighboring business."

-------------------------------

And that's where things stand to date. It took almost a month from time of order, but I'm pretty sure it was actually shipped on December 21 after I started to get pushy with Brent. When I placed the order, I thought it would be coming from a company only about 2 hours or so by vehicle. Even where it seems to have shipped from is one province over, maybe 6-8 hours drive time.

A few things I have a problem with:

- Why was I not given any updates or information with regard to shipping time/date/method in the first place?
- How can businesses just ignore their web contact form? This happens surprisingly often to me.
- If you tell someone you'll call them back, FRIGGIN' DO IT! He went on my black list when he didn't call me back. I hate talking on the phone and I'm already annoyed when I have to make a phone call in the first place to track down something I shouldn't have to track down.
- Just about every response of his makes him seem helpless. He probably is. At the end of all this I get the impression this company is just a small office or someone's bedroom and they just have products drop shipped from suppliers.
- As a responsive employee of the business, OFFER ME SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION to make up for the hassle! Even a substantial discount would have been cheaper than the negative advertising something like this post will hopefully generate!

And you want to know the worst thing? After doing more digging, this wasn't even the lowest price I found. It wasn't far off, but not like it was significantly cheaper to account for all the BS.

Reactions: surly Bill

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Bad businesses need to be called out. Survival of the fittest.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
They probably did not have the partition you ordered in stock so they had to get it from the supplier. If you have it on hand...in stock in your building, then it is really easy to ship it. It looks like they did not have it....ordered it.. and if the supplier was out of inventory, more delays on your order.

More and more of the middle suppliers have these problems as if they do not have the capital to keep inventory they are showing on their website or catalog, then this can be the type of service you get.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They probably did not have the partition you ordered in stock so they had to get it from the supplier. If you have it on hand...in stock in your building, then it is really easy to ship it. It looks like they did not have it....ordered it.. and if the supplier was out of inventory, more delays on your order.

More and more of the middle suppliers have these problems as if they do not have the capital to keep inventory they are showing on their website or catalog, then this can be the type of service you get.

If I'd have received an email within a day or two of the order being processed giving me an estimated ship date one month off, I'd have been annoyed but at least I'd have known. The delay wasn't my main issue. Rather the way I was ignored, put off, and treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed sh*t). I don't recall whether their online system made it look like there was inventory or not, but I certainly did make the assumption that it would be on it's way soon when my credit card was billed.

The responsible way to have approached this would have been for the company to contact me as soon as they tried to put in the order, and given me the option to wait or cancel the order and get a full refund. In all likelihood I'd have thanked them for letting me know and added it to the list of other deliveries that I'm expecting in a month or two.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One final exchange I had with Brent. I thought I'd give one last opportunity for him to try and make things right, or at least call out the fact that nothing had be done to improve my experience. Admittedly, not the best approach on my part, but I was curious to see what would happen.

January 4

[BRENT]
"Ok great, glad you got it."

[ME]
"Wow, really? After all the hassle that's it? You genuinely don't give a sh*t."

[BRENT]
"The shipping company is at fault for that <my name>, I’m sure you understand that.
I can offer you a discount for your next order but I don’t see you being reasonable enough to appreciate it anyway."

-----

I have no evidence whether my full address was passed on, or who omitted the unit number. It doesn't matter anyway. It was just a small insult to the existing injury.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,869 Posts
- How can businesses just ignore their web contact form? This happens surprisingly often to me.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have gotten a reply from a web based contact form, and every one of them was from another country. I have never received a reply from a US company's contact us web form. I used the web form at Astro Tools a week ago and still haven't heard back.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I purchased a grey water tank from plasticwatertanks.com. When it arrived it was the wrong size. After calling them every two days for three weeks trying to get a straight answer, I finally bypassed them and went straight to the manufacture they order from. Turns out the tank size I purchased does not actually exist. I had to order a custom tank made for the space. I’m still waiting for a refund five weeks after the return, and five phone calls. Throughout this entire process they have a never initiated as single phone call to me, In spite of repeated promises to do so.

I would say you got off easy.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yes, your story does sound worse. Have you tried going through the credit card company? I mentioned that I had threatened this, but honestly I have no idea if it was even an option. I've never had reason to request a transaction be reversed.

I bet an entire thread could be devoted to businesses to avoid.

·
Registered
779 Posts
as a small business owner I like to support the little guys.
But I have been taken on a few medical marijuana induced rides. Online vendor called manventureoutpost and the dealer I bought my ford from taught me very important lessons.

Now I give the vendor 2 chances a week apart if I buy it with my amex and then punt the issue to amex.
If a check was used, I makes copies and send said items to my attorney.

Unfortunate you had to deal with this, next time tell them to refund monies right away or ask CC to do a charge back.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I purchased a grey water tank from plasticwatertanks.com. When it arrived it was the wrong size. After calling them every two days for three weeks trying to get a straight answer, I finally bypassed them and went straight to the manufacture they order from. Turns out the tank size I purchased does not actually exist. I had to order a custom tank made for the space. I’m still waiting for a refund five weeks after the return, and five phone calls. Throughout this entire process they have a never initiated as single phone call to me, In spite of repeated promises to do so.

Thanks for posting. Plasticwatertanks has the same stuff as plastic-mart, at least for the tanks I'm looking at. Went w/ the latter.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On their site, they have a badge that indicated "SATISFACTION IS 100% GUARANTEE".

Was that up when you placed your order? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts