Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the auxiliary fuel port kit for gas engines. I've read every post I can can find on the Forum as well as the meager install instructions in the BEMM. I'm looking for clarification on swapping out the existing plug with the new 90 degree fitting. The new aux port fitting is attached to a yellow plastic bracket that looks identical to the yellow plastic bracket that the existing plug is attached to on the gas tank. Do the yellow brackets get swapped out? Or do I remove the new fitting from the yellow bracket and install it on to the existing yellow bracket on the tank? I've fiddled with the new fitting and am able to separate it from the bracket by sliding it forward and spreading the clips but it seems like the clips could break if I'm not careful. Can anyone offer some clarification on the correct procedure.

Also, can anyone confirm the barbed fitting/hose size? Is it 1/4" or 5/16ths? I don't see it specified in any of the literature.

Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yes you swap them. The existing one is basically a cover that pops off. The kit connects onto the same spot and gives you a hose hookup point.
Sorry I don't remember the exact size of the hose barb off the top of my head

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, FishHog and EllieInTransit . I installed the auxiliary port yesterday just as you suggested. Very easy. For future reference, the port is 5/16th's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello, From what I can deduce, the barb on the port is meant for a 7.5mm ID hose (close to 5/16). Espar and Webasco sell little hose sections to reduce from 7.5mm to 3.5mm (Espar) and 7.5mm to 4.5mm (webasco).

Reactions: kenryan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts