Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched but I cannot find anything for my year so here's my question:

I've got a 2018 250 and it does not have automatic headlights and by that I mean headlights that automatically shut off after a period of time after I have shut off the car.

I've read a few posts where folks have suggested that replacing the switch is all that it takes.

I researched a bit and found this part number and I was wondering if it is what I need and will it do what I want?

CV6Z-11654-K

-Mike

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I've searched but I cannot find anything for my year so here's my question:

I've got a 2018 250 and it does not have automatic headlights and by that I mean headlights that automatically shut off after a period of time after I have shut off the car.
-Mike
Mike,

As I understand it the Auto headlamps switch position turns the lights on and off automatically based on the outside low lighting situation. It is different from the headlights turning off after the engine is turned off.

The headlamps, when in the headlight position, not the auto headlamps position, should turn off after the engine is shut off based on the time frame that is set in the Information Display Controls. You may need to reset that time frame. OM page 78 in mine may be different in yours.

Good Luck

Semper Fi

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks USMC Vet!

Unfortunately I don't have the Auto Lamp option installed on my van. On my headlight switch there are only 3 settings; Off, Parking Lights, and On.

I was hoping that I could find a way to get my headlights to switch off after I turn the ignition off. I don't need the feature that automatically turns on the headlights when it gets dark.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks USMC Vet!

Unfortunately I don't have the Auto Lamp option installed on my van. On my headlight switch there are only 3 settings; Off, Parking Lights, and On.

I was hoping that I could find a way to get my headlights to switch off after I turn the ignition off. I don't need the feature that automatically turns on the headlights when it gets dark.

-Mike
Mike,

Have you tried the settings in the Information Display Controls ?

Semper Fi

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My van is pretty bare-bones as far as options go.

I don't have the Information Display installed.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
My 2015 is manual headlights only. Though the sounder to remind me I left them on IS automatic. ha ha :D

Also pretty much bare bones. I'm just happy it has cruise.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My van is pretty bare-bones as far as options go.

I don't have the Information Display installed.

-Mike

Mike,

OK, I was under the impression that the Message Center screen was standard in all the instrument clusters (center, top )(where the FORD Script comes on when you open a door)

Semper Fi

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine is the same i put the switch in and leave it on auto ,whatit does turn on ligth when you turn the car on and turn it off when u shuts it dow right away no waiting,but here is what happen ,you can flash light ,but when you push forward will not stay high beam you have to turn back one click to have high beam stay on when u sush forward

·
Registered
262 Posts
SO you can achieve auto headlights just by installing the switch for it? or does it require other hardware?

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
Ok thanks when I buy the switch does the night sensor come with it can you give me part number please.
The parts are separate and I don't have the numbers but if you read through the threads I linked they should be in there, along with how to do it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't have any sensor connected. They don't turn on because it's dark.
They just turn off when the van turns off rather than me turning the light switch itself off.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Another option, depending on what you're trying to achieve, is to enable DRL with taillamps except when in "park". Even if you forget to turn on your full lights at twilight, you are still visible and will eventually notice (darker dash) and be able to flick on the full system.

As for turning off, I rarely forget but if I do then the chime is very effective.

Failing all of that, there is a battery saver relay that will turn them off at some point. I'm not sure exactly how long.

Reactions: asdrew
1 - 17 of 17 Posts