Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Authorized Modification Label FPS-8262 - Does it really exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Ford dealership does not have and has been unable to obtain the authorized modification label (FPS-8262) required by the Ford TSB-18-2172 involving replacement of the original coolant. Does it actually exist? How can I get one to finish the TSB? Perhaps someone here knows or make inquiries of your sources? @CrewVanManInfo ?

Apparently printed on unobtainium

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My local dealer is not alone in being unable to get them. When I was in Florida a month ago, I asked around there and they couldn't get them either. DOES II shows hundreds in stock at the main distribution locations like KC, but orders for them are returned "Backordered - ETA TBD".

So I bought a vintage pack of 25 on ebay for $15. They are printed paper stickers with separate clear plastic overlay stickers. I haven't tested their adhesive quality yet.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed FPS-8262 Authorized Modification Label to complete preventative changing coolant to Prestone Cor-Guard per TSB-18-2172. The label and the clear cover seal wouldn't form to the spherical coolant bottle. So I moved it to the underside of the hood and put a second one on the fuse cover next to the bottle.

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts