Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Just wondering about that model year, thanks
Cracked exhaust manifold on the Ecoboost motors on all but the very last of the produced vans.

There's a TSB/free replacement if it cracks during the warranty. If you don't have the updated exhaust manifold, then you might want to accelerate the wear on it to get it to break before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Cracked exhaust manifold on the Ecoboost motors on all but the very last of the produced vans.

There's a TSB/free replacement if it cracks during the warranty. If you don't have the updated exhaust manifold, then you might want to accelerate the wear on it to get it to break before the warranty expires.
Do you have a link to the 2020 MY TSB for this? I can only find 2019 and before.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Do you have a link to the 2020 MY TSB for this? I can only find 2019 and before.

Cheers.
I presumed this post had the TSB. The OP would be best source for something official:

Reactions: Van Gogh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I presumed this post had the TSB. The OP would be best source for something official:

Hi, someone I know is looking at a used 2020 and I said I would ask here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Take your pick, There are lots of TSBs for the 2020.

Wasn’t aware of that collection.

The pop, sizzle, and crack a few folks in humid states have complained about (and one whose dealer refused to try to fix) has a TSB! It was assumed to be the A/C drain line falling on the exhaust, and it is nice to see it was eventually acknowledged.

Get those TSB’s resolved while still covered under warranty! My Subaru still has a terribly creaking dash in the cold months due to too short of fasteners (or something like that — there was a TSB) and when I finally took it in to be fixed they said I was on the hook for the costs because I was then out of warranty.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yep, have the pushbutton on wife's RX and my '19 Expedition. Touch lock & open works waaay better on the Ford vs. Lexus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts