Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Transit 350 with 230 amp alternator, dual batteries and three CCPs - I've seen conflicting information on whether there is power or not to the CCPs when the engine is turned off. What say you?

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan on order..........
43 Posts
You would have to check the BEMM document under SBG Standard Batter Guard. I noticed that the 2020 shuts off after 30 minutes by default but the time may be configurable.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
2015 Transit 350 with 230 amp alternator, dual batteries and three CCPs - I've seen conflicting information on whether there is power or not to the CCPs when the engine is turned off. What say you?
The CCP are hooked direct to the battery, So they are always On unless one of the three 60 amp CCP fuses are blown.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now I second guessed myself after these comments. On the 2020 there are 2 CCP - one switched and one not switched. Here is the quote from the 2020 BEMM

Customer Connection Point (CCP)
Vehicles are equipped with a different power
supply strategy. The previous 3 x Customer
Connection Point (CCP) with 3x 60A fuses is
replaced with a 1x 60A 'CCP1' power at all times
stud and a 1x 175A 'CCP2' controlled stud.
Refer to: Electrical Connectors and Connections

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why not put a volt meter on and monitor? Unless I'm not understanding the question.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Now I second guessed myself after these comments. On the 2020 there are 2 CCP - one switched and one not switched. Here is the quote from the 2020 BEMM
The question is about a 2015 Transit, On a 2015 all three CCP are hooked direct to the battery via 60 amp fuses and are always turned ON.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Everyone should fill out their Forum Signature info, Then everyone will know which model year, Engine, Body style you are asking about.
Example: 2016 transit cargo 250 MR, LWB, 3.5 Eco, 3.31
I will be sure to do that once I get my very own Transit. For now I'm just reading up to learn, determine what to order and chatting about Transit is part of the fun. :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not put a volt meter on and monitor? Unless I'm not understanding the question.
I only have a cheapo Harbor Freight multimeter and initially I wanted to see if I could check if I was getting 60 amps from each CCP but the manual says the meter is for 10 amps max so I did not try it. I then tried measuring voltage at the CCPs and did not get anything, so wasn't sure if the meter was working or not. Tried again today and it worked! Perhaps when I initially tried I wasn't getting a good ground. Haven't driven the van for a couple weeks, so with the van off I was measuring 11.4 volts at each CCP. Once I started it up, I was getting 14.75 volts at each CCP. So to answer my initial question, yes, the CCPs are powered when the vehicle is off! Thanks for all of the replies!

·
Registered
23 Posts
You'll fry that meter if you try to put it in series to measure current, you will need a clamp meter that measures DC current to measure that high amount of current, not all clamp meters do DC current, but any decent one should.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Haven't driven the van for a couple weeks, so with the van off I was measuring 11.4 volts at each CCP. Once I started it up, I was getting 14.75 volts at each CCP.
If your Transit battery is down to 11.4 volts the battery is almost dead, Many people would say it Is dead.
You might want to think about a Battery Maintainer to keep the Transit battery charged up while the Transit sits unused
They make both 120 volt Battery Maintainers and ones powered by a small solar panel.
My Transit sits parked for 10 days at the most, Because my Transit battery is dead after 2 weeks of sitting unused.
How fast the battery goes dead may depend on the options you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts